Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. What categories would that be? 13th in OAA but 9th in DRS, 5th in FRV, 5th in Fangraphs defensive value, etc. The defense hasn't been elite this year but you are completely talking out of your @ss if you think we are near the bottom in every defensive category.
  2. Oh I'm definitely out. Not even I can polish this turd of a team right now.
  3. I got a tip for ya. When you use your AI prompts to make these posts make sure to tell it to make it "more concise and less preachy". 👍
  4. "Future Superstar" Nick Frasso is headed to the Rockies. You don't hear from his fanboys much anymore but best of luck to him in Colorado.
  5. For this year, I don't think they can realistically get under any threshold that affects the draft or international signing money. The only one they could reasonably get under is the Cohen Tax line, which just reduces the extra tax they're paying on the dollars above it.
  6. It's got a lot of good shows actually. I had ignored it for so long but then I canceled everything else and just dove into their library over the past 6-9 months. In addition to the shows you mentioned these are all good too: Pluribus, Slow Horses, Widow's Bay, For All Mankind, Murderbot, Chief of War, Foundation, Manhunt, Sugar, Dark Matter,
  7. Pitchers don't really work this way unfortunately. Pretty much everyone knows this.
  8. It's worth a thought but they probably want to give everyone a little bit extra rest rather than giving Cease almost no rest and someone like Bieber who is still shaking some rust off too much rest. I also think it makes some sense strategy wise as the bullpen is as rested as it will ever be for the rest of the season. Perfect for a Miles/bullpen game.
  9. Miles vs. Kay Bieber vs. Martin Yesavage vs. Burke Must-win series and this time I mean it
  10. Locking up young pitchers long term is a real roll of the dice
  11. Reminds me of myself watching the 2026 Blue Jays *Jays fail to cash in a runner from 3rd with 0 outs* "NO NO NO NO NO....I THOUGHT WE WERE HAVING A NICE SEASON"
  12. Well, now it all makes sense on why this guy is such an angry moron all the time lmao. He's got an IQ of about 75, and then the Yankees spend every waking hour force-feeding him anti-Yankee hot takes before his starts. It's some sort of twisted baseball version of Frankenstein. I almost feel bad for him because I'm not sure how much any of this is actually his fault.
  13. Yeah and the World Cup games being midday really screwed us sports fans at night. Zero games on last night.
  14. I guess one thing I could be missing with Clase is that he missed about a month this year with an injury. So perhaps putting stock in his AAA numbers this year isn't fair. March/April: Slow start the first two weeks in frigid Buffalo and then gets hurt. May: Comes back after 4 weeks but struggles as he shakes the rust off. June: Actually hit pretty well. July: Hitting well in the majors. He also seems to have been having some bad luck in AAA. His prospect savant page paints a much better picture: https://prospectsavant.com/player/682729 Olerud might be right again but I still don't love him now that he's out of options. If he could play an average CF I'd buy in a lot more.
  15. You are winning the BA in the minors argument sir, don't go soft on us now.
  16. Cool as a cucumber tomato.
  17. Jake Bennett's agent sucks. He should fire him and hire Gable Mitchell's.
  18. As for Clase I don't even think I'd tender him a contract. He's out of options and he's had a terrible season, 1 week of lucky MLB ABs notwithstanding.
  19. They do like Straw and he certainly profiles better as a short side platoon in CF than he does in a corner. They could decline his option and get him back for 3 or 4 mil. I suppose they could bring in Mullins or something and platoon him with Straw and then take the Varsho money and spend it on a more permanent solution to fix a corner OF spot? 2 or 3 year deal for Ward or Happ or something? But I don't think a 1 year QO for Varsho would necessarily preclude them from signing a corner OF anyway. We've got plenty of money coming off the books.
  20. Yeah there aren't great comps for Varsho. Defense was elite, but is probably now merely above average. But it is a premium position and the bat is about league average. Jaysblue is right that the 4 or 5 year deal is gone unless he goes nuts the 2nd half. These guys had worse track records but were coming off of a better year: Harrison Bader got 2 years, 20.5 mil Grisham accepted the QO Also, not many CF options in FA (or in MLB altogether really) which could help him. Grisham is probably the only other guy you would consider a starter. QO seems like it could be the right fit for him tbh.
  21. I don't think he's going to sign a 1 year deal for 15 million. He might not even agree to the QO as Boras usually prefers to roll the dice. And I'm not sure the team cares that much about 7 million bucks anyway. So I get your reasoning but disagree on the conclusion as if you're willing to go to 15 mil, the extra 7 mil is probably worth it to either lock in a starting caliber CF for another year or gain a draft pick.
  22. I will say that I loved how Schneider went about naming his starter. Cam Shitler thought he could bow out and become the pseudo-starter but Schneids wasn't going to let him get away with that.
  23. It's his dream format as overmanaging becomes the norm.
×
×
  • Create New...