Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. They’ve got 7 years with him to try
  2. 3/120 was the rumoured Mets offer, where’s he getting a 4 /168 offer from? The only GM I think stupid enough to offer that is Preller. Scherzer isn’t going somewhere with no playoff hopes though
  3. Yeah I’m not sure how wise it is to have 3 long term 7 figure deals on your starting roster regardless of how the contracts look on paper. Any other starter at this point will be shorter term for insane AAV like Scherzer though I find that unlikely as much as I would love it, or they swing a trade for a younger and cheaper guy under control multiple years of control. There’s not many pillow deals left out there either that would be intriguing
  4. Yeah but you don’t get elite relievers for 2 years 11 million. That’s the going rate for a guy with Garcia’s numbers. Realistically his only problem last year was a ridiculously impossible strand rate in Houston of like 40%.
  5. Yup. Idiots like this get to decide who gets in the Hall of Fame. I can’t even…..
  6. Screw Ray and Rodon. Back up the Brinks truck for 2 years of Scherzer and let’s bring home the bacon
  7. Wow, another completely unprofessional agent.
  8. With a side of f***ing hell no.
  9. True. I generally don't though. I hope he remains a starter, but I'm just struggling to see it without a 3rd pitch that even profiles as average in the future. There's always the possibility that with pro instruction his changeup takes a leap forward. That's obviously the hope here.
  10. I f***ing hate that I’m old enough to get this joke.
  11. Probably got beaned in his next AB for that slows ass HR trot.
  12. I don’t think they took him as a reliever, I just think that’s where he ends up. He’s got 1 plus pitch, a slightly above average fastball, and …. Hope he develops a changeup into average with time. In his favour, apparently he had good command of the fastball. Slider is a swing and miss chase pitch but generally doesn’t throw it for strikes…yet. Changeup is a work in progress. Right now, looking at his arsenal he’d profile at the back end of the rotation, 4-5…maybe 3 if all all breaks the right way. I choose to hedge on the downside of this particular gentleman. They didn’t draft Pearson as a reliever either but every year he gets closer to that role.
  13. Just because they have the same name doesn’t mean it’s our version. They’re celebrated for 2 different things
  14. Both profile as relievers, but it's hard not to take a good look at a guy striking out 15 per 9 at AA
  15. I didnt mind the pizza, i like really thin crusts. Didnt really care of the small squares instead of wedges though.
  16. Bucs stadium is just slightly outside what is known as downtown, and they are 93% full so far this season. But then, nobody in the NFL has in person attendance problems except the Redskins.
  17. Damn, you had me at " huge deep fried ...." Could have ended that with sheep testicles and Id be in.
  18. Currently 100% sold out over 19000 per game. 2nd highest avg attendance in the league behind only Montreal
  19. St Louis style bbq ribs weren't to your liking?
  20. Im not sold on Kim. I heard his wife isn't very attractive so it's very possible he lacks confidence.
  21. There are plenty of fans, they just don't want to put up with the ******** getting the stadium. I drove there in spring 2020 and it was a nightmare from the 7th circle of hell that I couldn't fathom doing more than once or twice a year.
  22. While true, the issue with The Rays is 100% location and dump stadium. Getting in and out of St. Pete is a nightmare. The Lightning's location is about 10,000 times better since it's right in downtown Tampa.
  23. It's hard to guess at that... but yeah he likely would have accepted. If he declined, teams would likely have been more hesitant to even sign him if 11 million was his market AAV. Another example of decent mid rotation arms getting less than they should. But, I guess that's the life of the guys in the middle in MLB
  24. Cuz the owners need a union ?
×
×
  • Create New...