Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

John_Havok

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,427
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by John_Havok

  1. Hope Vlad gets his swing path back. yet another GIDP
  2. Manoah and Wells apparently decided before the game to see who could throw more strikes. After 2 innings... Wells 32 pitches, 26 strikes. Manoah 33 pitches, 27 strikes.
  3. Gotta love Manoah filling that strike zone. 17 pitches, 12 strikes. 2 Ks and a weak grounder back to the him. This game is easy
  4. I know Chapman has some health risk, but a 5 to 1 payout on 40 HRs is tempting . If you can hit 27 in Oakland over a mostly full season where you were overall garbage offensively, you can sure hit 40+ in Toronto and the AL East parks if you're in the lineup everyday with even a bit of a bounceback. Donaldson went from 29 in Oakland to 41 and 37 over the next 2 seasons in TO. We just saw what Semien did, 33 to 45. Chapman going 27 to 40 isn't a big stretch. hell, he hit 36 in Oakland his last healthy season.
  5. For me, I try to rate trades based on the idea and intent rather than the result. personally, i understood why the Jays wanted to add top end pitching when they did with the Dickey trade, I just never understood why Dickey was targeted as some kind of ace that would be the guy to carry a team to a title. Attaching your hopes to a 1 trick-pitch pony and giving up multiple top end talents to do so was just a dumb plan from the start. Had the target of that trade been an actual ace calibre pitcher with a real track record of dominance with no signs of slowing down with multiple yeras of control left like Dickey had... yeah, do it. That's what makes it one of the most terrible trades from my perspective.
  6. Harwell has been dead for a decade or more. Don't think its him.
  7. He's not some ham fisted butcher back there, good lord.
  8. Doubtful, Espinal is already a much better version of Katoh in that he's defensively plus at multiple infield positions, and we already know he can hit enough. Katoh is likely AAA bound and an emergency call-up at best.
  9. They both could have made the team though given Bird was on a minor league deal and there was still an open 40 man roster spot.
  10. Makes you wonder what he would have to have done to warrant a spot.
  11. Probably a situation where he just didnt quite fit in the plans, and they are doing the classy thing to let him explore his options elsewhere.
  12. Rumours have the Padres trying to pry Reynolds out of Pittsburgh but the price is too high. If the price is too high for Preller to pull the trigger, it must be ludicrous.
  13. Signed through 2023 with club options for 2024 and 2025. Sadly, this is not an April Fools joke.
  14. Question, could the Jays have 8 players with 20 HR at the end of the season? Last year they had 7, 2 of them are gone, and 1 got replaced with Chapman. Kinda goes without saying that everyone 1-7 has the ability to go 20+ with healthy seasons, but can either Jansen or Kirk also do it?
  15. I was about to type a blistering sarcastic response as well, but…yours will do nicely.
  16. I already acknowledged that. What I’ve yet to acknowledge is whether his current ST average exit velocity (which would put him about 2.5 mph above league average last year) is indicative of something that should be expected to continue. The signs are encouraging, but are by no means certain. I’m sure someone could go back through his last three years and find 2 or 3 week stretches where his average EV was 90.4 also and it didn’t stick. So, tell me why this 14 PA sample size is a sure thing? That’s called rational thought.
  17. Yay! Chalk one up on the side of rational thinking
  18. When it’s proven I will. Im sure Twisted is looking to EV stabilization as we speak. If he comes back and shows that average exit velocity is reliably stable over 14 PAs. I will gladly admit that Espinal has demonstrated an improvement that can be expected to continue.
  19. Yeah it’s easy to toss shade with a straw man argument. I only suggested 1 PA was wind aided, not all of them.
  20. Definitely. He’s already guaranteed to be the late and close defensive replacement, and the starter against lefties for Biggio. That right there is 300+ PA. Add in the occasional start at 3b to give Chapman a day at DH and there’s plenty out there for him.
  21. How many PA does it take for average EV to stabilize? Understand I’m not saying your wrong, I’d just like to know that it’s not a small sample size alert
  22. Basically comes down to where it hit. Left centre to right center it’s mostly an out, then a double 3.4% of the time, and a triple 1% of the time. Anything foul poul to left centre, or foul pole to right centre, it’s a HR. Projected distance on that in a neutral environment is about 370. His went 393. So….I guess we can say it could have been a home run, but the wind definitively helped it get to 393.
  23. I checked baseball savant, on 102 mph exit velocity with 35degree launch angle, it’s a HR 52% of the time. So I concede that I’m half right, half wrong.
  24. You may want to double check that with the launch angle.
  25. Are you watching the broadcast? The wind is howling out to LF
×
×
  • Create New...