I have zero interest in Vogelbach and Escobar and I don't really get it.
Old f***ers that sucked last year.
I mean, I get it if they are in here as fallback plans in case players get hurt.
The awkward thing is that the FO needs to tell them they have a shot to make the team in order to sign them, even if it's not really true. So the Rogers mouthpieces also get fed that idea. It's hard to figure out what the FO actually intends.
All I know is that we see this every year and I don't think there is a pattern of demoting the younger players for the sake of depth. Last year, Nathan Lukes and Zach Pop broke camp with the team. The year prior Greg Bird and Mallex Smith did not make the team.
I dunno. Vogelbach doesn't even have a fun amount of game power, he just walks a lot and has 60 pop. Meh.