Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted
12 hours ago, hanton said:

... I wonder if Carrol was on the table at all when Atkins called looking for an outfielder?  dbacks were pretty rich in that position

Probably not unfortunately. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Brownie19 said:

I think most people have.  Verlander is living the dream man.  Monster HOF career in the mound.  One of the last starting pitcher warriors who gave you 200+ innings and shoved during the playoffs.  

And he lands Kate Upton, who was essentially the hottest woman on the planet when they start dating.  He woos her at a baseball game. 

He's literally living every baseball guys dream life.  Kudos to the legend!

I'm actually a bit sad. I thought the Tigers would be great this year and Verlander could get one more shot at the title, while giving them #4/#5 innings.  This was a close as we could get to a Billy Chapel day.  I'll take it.

Going to give For Love of the Game a watch later this week. 

Posted
17 hours ago, SpencerBateman said:

What teams will you be tracking this playoffs?

Fast And Furious Ludacris GIF by The Fast Saga

Would be nice to see a Rays-Brewers World Series. 

Also, would also be cool to see the Rays/Dodgers at the end and hope that David beats Goliath. 

Posted
18 hours ago, hanton said:

Justin Verlander

Let's hope Mad Max could go out the same way this afternoon. Would love to see 5+ innings from him with 7-8 K's. I think he needs 11 more to surpass Verlander career wise. 

Posted
13 hours ago, hanton said:

... I wonder if Carrol was on the table at all when Atkins called looking for an outfielder?  dbacks were pretty rich in that position

Nope 

I think it was only Varsho and Alek Thomas 

Posted

So for playoff implications, we're following the Rangers/Astros and Phillies/D'Backs today. Should be interesting. 

Phillies having to burn Wheeler the final day of the season hurts, but they have no choice. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Brownie19 said:

No chance.

Yeah Moreno was never in the same league as Carrol in terms of prospect value. The fact that it took Gurriel as a sweetener tells you everything you need to know. I am interested which players were offered up for the Blue Jays catchers in trade at the time as I do recall it was reported the Blue Jays front office valued their catchers more than opposition GM's.

Posted
2 hours ago, BTS said:

Just saw that Gabriel Moreno is 0.001 ahead of Arraez for the NL batting title 

Wow didn’t realize at all that Moreno was having such a monster season. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Stangstag said:

Wow didn’t realize at all that Moreno was having such a monster season. 

Whoever was doing the Jays international signings in 2015-2016 hit a grand slam with Kirk, Moreno, and Otto Lopez in the same signing class/year. Haven’t had much success internationally since but that’s essentially three 5 WAR players in 2026 (Kirk prorated due to injury) from one class. Pretty damn impressive.

Posted
1 hour ago, glory said:

Whoever was doing the Jays international signings in 2015-2016 hit a grand slam with Kirk, Moreno, and Otto Lopez in the same signing class/year. Haven’t had much success internationally since but that’s essentially three 5 WAR players in 2026 (Kirk prorated due to injury) from one class. Pretty damn impressive.

Tinnish?  I'm just guessing.  Does the Internet know this information?

Posted

It's a shame Bobby Witt Jr has regressed with the bat.  If he was a 150+ wRC+ hitter, he could be looking at 3 straight 10+ WAR seasons.

He's obviously still a superstar, but he had the chance to be one of the best ever.  I mean he still does, but he's been unable to repeat 2024.  ISO is way down.

Posted
49 minutes ago, Brownie19 said:

It's a shame Bobby Witt Jr has regressed with the bat.  If he was a 150+ wRC+ hitter, he could be looking at 3 straight 10+ WAR seasons.

He's obviously still a superstar, but he had the chance to be one of the best ever.  I mean he still does, but he's been unable to repeat 2024.  ISO is way down.

Everything like this just makes me appreciate Mike Trout more as time goes on

163 career wRC+ and never below 160 in a season until his age 31 year. And still never below 122. 

8 or 9 consecutive MVP quality seasons. 

Just the GOAT of the 2000s. The only comparable feat would be Judge's 2022-2025 peak. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Laika said:

Everything like this just makes me appreciate Mike Trout more as time goes on

163 career wRC+ and never below 160 in a season until his age 31 year. And still never below 122. 

8 or 9 consecutive MVP quality seasons. 

Just the GOAT of the 2000s. The only comparable feat would be Judge's 2022-2025 peak. 

100%. He's like the white guy version of Albert Pujols only he's better. 

I also respect his loyalty to the franchise. Lots of casuals drag him as some sort of loser for not demanding a trade and they are idiots for it. Mike Trout rules.

Posted

Of course Barry Bonds remains the craziest modern player ever

Imagine if Mike Trout never got hurt or declined and instead was an MVP until 36 and then had an Aaron Judge four year steroid fueled cheater peak and then also added 7 WAR after 40 and retired after a 1.000 OPS season at 42 

That's Barry Bonds 

drugs, man. 

Posted
21 hours ago, Brownie19 said:

Tinnish?  I'm just guessing.  Does the Internet know this information?

The Toronto Blue Jays' international operations and signings during the 2015–2016 period were led by Andrew Tinnish as the executive in charge of international scouting and Ismael Cruz as the Director of International Scouting

Posted
12 hours ago, Spanky__99 said:

The Toronto Blue Jays' international operations and signings during the 2015–2016 period were led by Andrew Tinnish as the executive in charge of international scouting and Ismael Cruz as the Director of International Scouting

Pizza Yes GIF

One for me.  I used to be friends with Tinnish.  Played ball against him and I used to be able to text him and ask questions about the Jays.  Unfortunately, we've grown apart and I can't do that anymore.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Blue Jays community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...