I noticed Washington's stadium looked very empty last night vs. the Mets (no idea if they typically draw well or not) - but it appears we're not the only team who experiences a lull in attendance this time of year.
I'm asking the same thing....I assume it's because the bandwagon tipped over this past weekend???
I've got 2 tickets to the game Wednesday. Section 119R about 20 rows up. Paid $50 a ticket about a month ago and thought it was a steal.
Meh - The Dickey tenure gave us a lot to talk about on here. At times underrated, at time overrated. Interesting guy. I'm ready to move on as well, but will probably always remember the "Dickey years".
Ben Revere is in Washington sucking enormous dick. He's one of the worst players in baseball this year posting a wRC+ of 47 and -1.0 WAR. I know it's hard to imagine, but Upton's been better than Revere this year during his stint with the Jays. Think about that for a second and absorb how f***ing terrible Revere is and then never mention his name again please.
Because some of them turn into superstars and that's amazing to watch. Travis is a good example (although I doubt he reaches superstardom) - Pillar is too (same). I've always been fascinated with young players (in every sport). Maybe I'm drawn to the unknown. I realise most flame out and never become anything - but I love following the process and hoping for the breakout to happen. Watching old boring vets who do the same thing year in and year out is boring.
^This.
I probably enjoyed watching Game 5 of the ALDS at home with my son 10 times more than any all-inclusive trip I've ever been on....and I know the 2 games I did attend blew those redundant/overrated vacations clear out of the water.
This took an interesting turn. How many times does Gibby have to bat Navarro cleanup to be equivalent to Aybar 2nd day in and day out??? now that's the question!
(BTW - I wasn't really considering once vs. day in an day out....just in general.)
And Navarro might be the worst defensive catcher in baseball. They both suck; however, one of them wouldn't have been inserted in the cleanup position for ABSOLUTELY no reason whatsoever. That move is as erroneous as Ausmus putting Aybar 2nd.
I'm the same. The media's made me hate the game. I change the dial when the puckheads talk about it on the radio and haven't watched a game of hockey in over 3+ years now. The crazy parents in minor hockey also discourage me from the sport.
My 6 year old just showed his first interest in hockey about 3 weeks ago and we signed him up. I'm about to reengage in the sport...which makes me nervous. I will continue to avoid all media coverage and crazy parents (I hate people in general as it is) - but I will need to start watching Leafs games with my son....at least they have some good young talent now
Perhaps because Wright's knuckleball is better? The only gifs I see on my facebook page are slow-mo's of Wright throwing ridiculous knuckleballs that nobody is catching. Perhaps he may not be as consistent, but his knuckleball is filthy.