Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Except with Happ - there was the possibility that the changes/improvements he made in Pitts would carry over and make him a top of the rotation starter. We know what we're getting in Morales. There isn't any upside besides more counting stats in a hitters park and better lineup.
  2. Yeah - but his WAR total is suppressed because he was strictly a DH. Guys like Mauer, Dickerson, Napoli, etc. all gained defensive value by playing a position semi-regularly. This looks better. 2015 & 2016, sorted by wRC+ http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=dh&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2016&month=0&season1=2015&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=17,d The biggest issue with Morales is he can't run.
  3. Sorry - I'm old. When I quit playing, this wasn't yet a feature.
  4. are we watching the same player?
  5. Look at 2014.
  6. Because he doesn't want to sign in Toronto? This isn't a video game.
  7. Just cherry pick his last 2 years and it looks a lot better. 120 wRC+ switch hitter. It looks like his defense was solid at 1st last year and his overall WAR #'s are suppressed by his defensive metrics (and base running), which are dragged down simply b/c he was a DH and by being stuck out in RF for 30+ innings this past year. If true - I'm completely fine with this type of hitter, but I was hoping we'd go after some more versatile players and perhaps someone who wasn't such a clog on the bases. I'd also much rather him on a 2 year deal. I guess Gurriel Jr. needs some Cuban fans.
  8. Sweet job judging him after 132 PA's in the majors after all of 61 PA's in the minors - after escaping from Cuba and moving to another country. Thumbs up.
  9. screw you Ang....s***ing all over my enthusiasm.
  10. Some of you are posting quotes off MLBTR...this is my favourite quote: Gurriel has “a chance to be a plus hitter with a high OBP” with potential 20-homer power.
  11. Yeah and I can list off about 10 failed starting pitchers who were superior prospects to Syndergaard in 2013. TDA has is all but written off as an impact player already. The Jays had payroll restrictions and were making a push. You have to be pretty short sighted not to see what and why they were doing it. It didn't work out, that's baseball.
  12. Do we need a new thread every time there's one of these frivolous reports?
  13. This is fantastic news. Great start to the offseason.
  14. I hate Jeff Blair more than anyone - yet even I don't see the issue with this article. I still believe it was a calculated risk that didn't work out.
  15. That's a terrible reason to overpay
  16. This is exactly how I feel.
  17. I approve this message
  18. Catering to the fans is the first step to failure.
  19. This EE debate reminds me of the yearly discussion on relievers. We often say why would you take the risk of signing a reliever to a 3-5 year deal (given how volatile they are) when you can typically pull a failed starter, or someone coming back off injury off the scrap heap on a low risk, 1 year deal, who will give you 90% of the return. We can sign a guy like Beltran, Holliday, Morales, Moss, etc. to a short term deal and hope for a 120 wRC+ season out of them, or we can take the risk on a bat only, mid 30 year old slugger who'll likely give us a 130-135 wRC+ season (in 2017 and then who knows from there). Historically, I've preferred the low risk approach to relief pitchers and thus I think I prefer the same route for our DH. I'd rather see the money spent on younger, more versatile players.
  20. Pillar looks ridiculous.
  21. This ball my 5 year old got signed by KK this spring just keeps getting more valuable!
  22. Que the pandemonium! Too bad for Pillar...as much as we downplay the importance and mock the system - I think players still love being recognized.
  23. Easy with all those original thoughts...
  24. Right - my bad.
  25. Is Luke Hochevar a decent target to help fill out the bullpen?
×
×
  • Create New...