Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,083
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Unless you're a control pitcher who pitches to contact and has no upside.....in which case, Minnesota is your ticket to the majors!
  2. Not often you see a guy throwing the sinker 3-4 MPH harder than the 4 seamer...
  3. King - I can't tell you how much I appreciate these types of updates. Awesome stuff.
  4. I PVR'd the game and turned everything off to watch it in peace last night. I haven't read this GDT at all (I suspect it will suggest the sky is falling). Couple of things I took away. 1. Steve Pearce blows bubbles as he scores from first on a double. I find that hilarious. 2. Buck Martinez scoffing at the idea that Steve Pearce could move to LF (if they brought Smoak in the play first) was extremely cringe worthy. Buck/Tabby also went on to suggest Jose was one of the best defensive OFers the Blue Jays have ever had. 3. Steve Pearce is should hit above Tulo and Martin (although I do think Tulo's going to have a good offensive season). 4. The bullpen is going to be fine. 5. Jose has made a slight adjustment to his stance. That is all.
  5. Even at age 40 - he hit better than Goins...
  6. Pick up Nick Franklin. Franklin and Coglan would help fill out our roster nicely.
  7. There are some seriously questionable things happening in Colorado these days...
  8. Is that poor taste to have someone impersonating Bartman in the commercial?
  9. Rick Sutcliffe makes Tabby look like Shulman and Barker look like Tabby!
  10. Did they say why? Report said camera feed was blurry....so each team can ask them to go look at the blurry feed as much as they want? Don't understand.
  11. Wouldn't it be nice if the umpire scouting report said he called the strike zone consistently, based on the rules???
  12. That should always be the litmus test for an adult. Always prioritize things that make you feel like a kid on Christmas morning!
  13. I'd forgotten how giddy and excited I get on opening day. Masters starts this week...its a great time of year!
  14. At least we have a couple of guys who have been successful closers in the past to hold us over...
  15. It's Opening Day boys...enjoy it. Opening day. All you have to do is say the words and you feel the shutters thrown wide, the room air out, the light pour in. In baseball, no other day is so pure with possibility. No scores yet, no losses, no blame or disappointment. No hangover, at least until the game's over. You always get a special kick on opening day, no matter how many you go through. You look forward to it like a birthday party when you're a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen. People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. It's like Christmas, except it's warmer. An Opener is not like any other game. There's that little extra excitement, a faster beating of the heart. … You know that when you win the first one, you can't lose 'em all.
  16. Spats - you can make a thread whenever you want you beautiful bastard!
  17. wRC+ of about 125 vs. RHP over the past 3 years with the cubs. Don't look at his #'s with the Ad's.. .they hurt the eyes.
×
×
  • Create New...