Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Ah - my bad. I still don't see the market for Conforto to get more than $18M AAV...
  2. Gurriel is so replaceable - I can't imagine anyone values him too highly now with only 2 years of service time remaining. He needs to be a 125-130 wRC+ hitter to be a difference maker.
  3. Why are we interpreting this as 'Jays still going after Ramirez'? Kenny says it's unclear how the Chapman trade impacts them, suggesting Jays would be reluctant to move more prospects. We're basing this off the note that the Jays spoke to the Guardians about JRam playing 2nd base? C'mon guys.
  4. Steven Matz signed for $11M AAV...
  5. Not sure Conforto can 'really' be counted on to play any CF, but he'd be a great LH bat to add. There are plenty of at bats available for him as an OFer/DH - and he provided good depth in the event of injury or someone sucking (Gurriel). He'd be a huge upgrade over Grichuk and we're getting comp picks back for Ray and Semien, so we can afford to lose one. It will really depend on the cost. If he wants 4 years/$80M then no, but if he's like 3 years/$40M - I'd be pushing my chips all in.
  6. Completely agree. I'd be all over him for a 3 year $40M
  7. Last year was Chapman's first full year returning from hip surgery...how much hope is there that the hips is now repaired and stronger and the bat will improve?
  8. I mean...both teams get a chance to hit. If 2 ground balls lose you the game, then hit better. It's that simple.
  9. I have a feeling we can get Moose for absolutely nothing. I'd be curious about getting Senzel and Moose together in package. I also don't think Chapman will cost us all that much. I don't love the idea of adding him and Schwarber, who both strike out over 27% of the time - but it's still a plausible option. I also wonder where the Moreno to 3rd base sits and if that's a real possibility.
  10. Call me crazy, but I think I'd rather have Schwarber for 4 years $60M than Freeman for 6 years $180M. We would get Schwarber's prime years and I think think there's a solid chance that Schwarber's bat (wRC+) is better than Freeman's over the next 4 years. I think Freeman's wRC+ is closer to the 135 range it was in 2018, 2019 and 2021 than the 186 it was in the shortened 2020. I think Schwarber is a lot closer to a 140 wRC+ hitter now that pitchers can't use spider tack and will further benefit from the shift rules (if implemented). Schwarber is much more likely to be OK with DH'ing and he can play (poorly) in the outfield or at 1st if we need to give Springer or Vlad the day off - or get Kirk some at bats at DH. Sign Schwarber and spend the rest of the money elsewhere.
  11. What type of deal do we think Schwarber is going to get? I'm starting to prepare myself for someone other than Freeman. 3 years $40M?
  12. Is Price finished? Is he even going to get the opportunity to start at the MLB level again?
  13. David Price too. You'd think the 4 seam, slider, change/split combination would be a solid arsenal. I'm not sure he needs a 4th pitch - although it appears he never throws the change/split v. LHB
  14. I have 3 kids and I'm a much bigger ******* now than ever before!
  15. It's pretty scary that Pete would have to tell Kikuchi that himself.
  16. This is a horrible take by Tim & Friends. That's a Valle training glove (it's probably like an 8 or 9" glove) and he's doing isolated infielders work with it. This isn't scooping a ball at first either. I do the same drill with my 3 boys who are all under 11.
  17. Someone should show Kikuchi and Jansen the numbers on his cutter - because they are f***ing horrible. Perhaps he's comfortable giving up HRs?
  18. This. Please for the love of god, don't liter this board with politics.
  19. Rich Gossage is a f***ing **** - let's not develop more people like him please. Thanks. And man would we see the offense go through the roof if we went with your suggestion. It would be the steriod era all over again (and maybe that's good!)
  20. Exactly - how does one leave that out? The Braves now get Olson's age 30-35 years instead of Freeman's age 32-37 years. Then again - Freeman has a better track record.
  21. Do we think teams might target players who get 'hurt' by the shift now in anticipation that they'll be 'worth more' if/when the shift restrictions are implemented? Could Schwarber be one of those players?
  22. I feel the same - although I'd add to it by saying I'd be happy if we sign Freeman and just as happy if we don't - PROVIDED we do add another impact player (Schwarber on a short term deal, Ketel Marte, etc.)
  23. I don't see the log jam as long as Vlad is passable at 3rd. Freeman and Vlad split 1st/DH for 100 games with Espinal at 3rd with Kirk catching 60 of those games Vlad plays 3rd for 60 games, Freeman at 1st with Kirk/Springer at DH for those games. Espinal comes in late in games we're winning. That should give Kirk 90 'starts' and Springer 30 games at DH to rest.
  24. Yeah that's all fair. I don't really enjoy them as a fan myself unless it ends in the 10th, maybe the 11th - but I typically have young kids with me.
  25. Who are the Braves going to pencil in at DH now? Re-sign Solar?
×
×
  • Create New...