This makes me f***ing emotional. I wasn't that hyped or that excited all day - had a busy day at work and just got home at like 7. But now that I have the game on watching the introductions, I feel like a 12 year old kid. I'm clapping and I'm completely jacked up. This season is going to be incredible.
I mean if you're trying to support your point that the Jays bullpen sucks - then you obviously look for division rival writers to help support your position...The odd thing is he seems to think we're all too stupid to notice this.
That video shows the new video board from a raise level and the jumboton simply doesn't align with the banner on each side. OCD overload!
The new shock absorption system below the astroturf sounds like a good improvement.
Lots of publications.
https://www.mlb.com/news/best-mlb-rotations-2022
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955032-ranking-all-30-mlb-pitching-staffs-ahead-of-opening-day-2022
https://sportsnaut.com/mlb-rotation-rankings-best-starting-pitchers/
And yes, it's viewed as complaining when you say things like Berrios has never reached his potential...what exactly is his potential? He's been a 4+ WAR starter the last 2 full seasons and is entering his age 28 season. Do you expect him to be DeGrom?
Why would Detriot make this trade? Paredes is already projected to be better than Meadows (extrapolated over a full season) and has way more control. Tigers aren't winning this year...
Sorry I was hung up on you suggesting he could get significant playing time if Rizzo isn't vaccinated. I guess it could become significant if he gets COVID a few times.
Interesting. I have to think this means we're carrying Collins, which I like if it means Kirk gets lots of starts at DH. Could they really like what they've seen from Fowler already? Seems unlikely, but maybe?
Solid move. We're hoping to find lightning in a bottle here. The guy has a pedigree and minor league success to back it up (Reese always lacked the later of those 2). The option he has gives us a heck of a lot more flexibility too. Stat scouting, his bat reminds me of Grandel without the elite defense.
I have 3 boys under the age of 11 too - all big Jays fans...Opening day isn't exactly the best environment to take them and it adds up when I need at least 4 tickets! hahaha - all the best man - I'm sure you'll sell them.
Yeah my bad man. I think I'd forgotten how much of a premium the home opener is. Your price is totally fair - it's just not for me.
I've been to several home openers over the years - and several of the playoff games. Perhaps it's just the excitement of a playoff game, but I wasn't as bothered by the casuals and drunks. I do think you get more actual fans to playoff games and much fewer who are there just to party.
I'd forgotten how much they jack up prices on opening day. Personally I HATE opening day at the park. It's primarily casual fans who are there to get drunk. No offense, but $115/ticket to sit in Section 235 (deep LF corner) is f***ing awful.
I'm looking at Sunday's game and I can sit right behind home plate for like $80/ticket - or I could take my whole family of 5 and sit Row 2 in the LF stands for less than 2 tickets to opening day. By the way - there are like a million tickets available for Sunday's game v. Texas. I find that odd. Do we think this is because kijiji and other sites have made it a lot harder to buy and scalp tickets?
It's hard not to root for Biggio. I really hope he's healthy and bounces back this year. It would amazing if he could carve out 3+ WAR seasons over the next 3-4 years.