Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Awesome stuff. Fangraphs lists him as a 2nd/SS/3rd, so he probably isn't great at any of them and will be a utility type guy (which can be super valuable). Love the updates Ray (and LTBG) - keep it up.
  2. That's cool John - what website do you find that on? Baseball Savant?
  3. You mean the professionals might recommend something completely different than what the average joe on a message board or the facebook comment section thinks should be done? Shocking.
  4. Jomboy Media (@jomboymedia) • Instagram video WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 42K likes, 601 comments - jomboymedia on May 2, 2022: "We thought it was going out too John". I rip our guys a lot, but I've see this guy do this like 5 times now. Why the F would you employ him? Can you imagine being his parent in the booth? "Um....how do I politely tell him he's a f***ing moron again"
  5. If anyone is baseball (who gets shifted on regularly) could do this consistently - they would.
  6. Dan and Joe called the game last night? What a terrible night for me to miss the game. I've always thought they'd make a great team.
  7. Yeah I thought it was better than the previous 2 years. Seems like they could have gotten Walker later (but what the F do I know). It feels like if they went Wyatt/Watson in the 1st round, they could have kept both 2nd round picks and taken Walker at 53 - or at least given up less to move up and take him in the mid 40's. But that's probably splitting hairs. I like the 2 OL they got.
  8. How Joe Ryan and the Twins are succeeding with fastball deception https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2348809 Interesting article guys - worth reading
  9. Embiid's a piece of s*** and karma's a bitch. So are elbows to the face.
  10. Last 5 WRs taken by the Packers in the 2nd round: Greg Jennings Jordy Nelson Randall Cobb Davonte Adams Cristian Watson
  11. He had a great change up didn't he?
  12. Draft Night! f***ing love drafts in all sports. Must see TV.
  13. That's right - it was KING who started the daily updates. He was the best back then.
  14. Man - those daily reports were the tits. f***ing loved them (but I also understand the effort they took).
  15. Hard to argue this. I have to think we should have started Zimmer in CF yesterday with Springer at DH and Collins behind the dish. Then you could have put Springer back in CF today and DH'd Collins. Just that alone would have lengthened the lineup a lot more today with Collins hitting 4th and Tapia down at the bottom where he belongs.
  16. If Kirk is unavailable - then the options were Heineman or Zimmer right? If Zimmer starts, then you can give Gurriel's hammy another day at DH or give Springer's legs a rest. I think I prefer that over this lineup....but again, we don't have most of the information they do.
  17. Good to see Gurriel back in LF. Bad to see Kirk taking another night off?
  18. Yeah I was going to comment on him too, but got distracted by Casey Lawrence. Looks like he is cooked?
  19. Casey Lawrence still out there grinding, chasing the dream at age 34. Unbelievable.
  20. I think Mikolas is just calling a spade a spade - regardless of teams/rivalries, etc. I obviously have no evidence, but I tend to believe Mikolas is more correct. Curious to see what others around the league say and if there's any investigation or proof provided.
  21. Holy f***. Nope.
  22. I'm certainly no expert on the techniques of a catcher, but even Collins hasn't looked as bad as he was advertised. Am I wrong (I could be wrong)?
  23. Just checking out Kirk's baseballsavant page. Elite BB%, K%, Whiff% - but he isn't barreling balls up or hitting them hard (yet). Another thing of interest is they have his framing at the 92nd percentile (it was the 31st percentile last year). That's good, but I have no idea what sample size we need for that to stabilize.
  24. I don't understand this. I expected him to say that they are slick or the seams are too high or too low or something that he didn't like. But to say the balls are all inconsistent is really weird. And to say that they are different from inning to inning? WTF? Is it like the batch of balls used for an inning are consistent, but the groupings of balls in the humidor are different? Not sure how many balls are used per inning, but like these 50 were all made by Bill and the next 50 were all made by Jim and the next 50 were made by Steve and they all make them a little bit differently? Rawlings have been making balls for like a billion years. Seems very odd that they would have quality control issues. Is he suggesting MLB wants to have different balls used at different times of the game? That seems like a stretch to me. I can see them f***ing with how much juice the balls have, but not this. I also feel like we should be seeing pitching ask for new balls all the time and throwing ones that are s***** out? I haven't seen that at all so far. In fact, I think you see that a lot less now than we did 10-15 years ago. This fascinates me.
×
×
  • Create New...