Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Kudos - although I think most felt this was a possibility. You did mention it more than once though and this has been almost a perfect outcome so far. If he's fully healthy and has found his slider, and finishes the season strong (hopefully into the playoffs) than he's a probably a good bet to be qualified and/or extended. He may want a 1 year pillow offer to rebuild value and prove he's healthy. If he likes it here 1 year $23M seems like a good pillow - and he would help fill a hole. I wonder what the best offer was for him.
  2. How are the Tigers 61-66 with a +82 run differential? That's insane. Reminds me of the 2015 Blue Jays.
  3. Big Dub. Continue to expect the unexpected folks.
  4. That's how desperate our offense is (and should be)
  5. The Jays are the worst hitting team in baseball v. LHP this year (78 wRC+). I have to believe Cameron has hit lefties well in AAA this year (and in Korea last year?). Pinango is Sanchez, Sanchez is Pinango. There isn't room for 2 LH hitters who can't hit LHP or play any defense. DFA Sanchez and call up Pinango? Sure.
  6. 121 wRC+ v. RHP on the season - best on the team 107 wRC+ in August, 4th on the team Defense and base runner? Horrendous.
  7. We've been trying a lot of unconventional things since the trade deadline. I see no reason to stop now.
  8. From Arden Zwelling..."wrt the fourth inning play, Sanchez said he lost the ball in the lights. He believed Andres Gimenez was going to make the play on it but said "I don't want to make an excuse". "That's a ball I need to catch...that's my ball, I need to catch it" That's exactly what I expected he'd say.
  9. Okamoto has a 67 wRC+ since June 27th. Clement's at 79 over the same span and amazingly is worse against LHP than he is v. RHP this year. The fact that anyone wants either hitting in the top 2 is a great example of how awful this offense really is. McAdoo has been hot and has crushed lefties. I assume Daz hit lefties well in the minors too. I see no issue with this lineup construction. Schneider has been out there trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t all season. McAdoo and Kirk are essentially the only players I expect to hit better than Ryan Goins these days.
  10. Was there anything in the post game interviews that indicated what happened?
  11. Not a chance IMO.
  12. I'd like to see them do it mid-game. He cames back to the dugout and they just tell him to remove his jersey and leave. Schneider better at least pull him.
  13. It's irrelevant. Game is over. I'd just let Max kill Sanchez when the inning is over. See you tomorrow night boys.
  14. I think they assume he lost it in the lights or roof, which is never assessed an error. But I tend to agree. Call it an error. Sanchez is brutal.
  15. David Schneider blows. Sanchez hits RHP better than anyone on the team. He's just a moron defensively.
  16. Kirky is hot right now boys. Last 20 games, he's close to a 1.000 OPS.
  17. Tommy John died a couple of days ago at age 83. A true shame he wasn't elected to the HOF before he passed. 23rd all-time in WAR for pitchers. Hurt by old school rudimentary counting stats. Between his performance and the impact of the surgery - I think he belongs in the HOF.
  18. I think standings/record still play a factor. I do think we've moved past rudimentary stats like average, RBIs, W/L, etc., but team success is still considered.
×
×
  • Create New...