Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I just realized Zack Greinke is only 21 K's away from 3000. I'm surprised he didn't find a way to get another 50 innings to get to 3K. I could see a team like the White Sox added him and letting him throw enough to get there just for the fanfare. It's a significant milestone.
  2. Kershaw does it! Unreal moment in baseball history. Only the 20th to every reach 3000 K's. Kudos for Roberts to stick with him and give him a chance to do it in the 6th. Backdoor slider for the called 3rd strike. Looks like Muncy's hyperextended his knee on the play before the K. Feel bad for him. How can you not be romantic about baseball?
  3. I'm not following (sorry). Did someone suggest it was due to minor league #'s v. Warren? I don't follow the decision to start him either - but it worked and he's now rocking a 134 wRC+ on the season!
  4. Even though IP are way down, strikeouts are way up (and still climbing?), so I think it's possible unless MLB makes an adjustment to cut back on strikeouts.
  5. I opined that the Braves got really lucky with their rotation last year and things seem to be normalizing this year for them unfortunately. Tough one for the Braves.
  6. Schwellenbach fractures his elbow. Ouch. Somehow, he's expected to pitch again in September, which I can't see happening.
  7. I hear what you're saying, but Cal has played in 1 less game and has 7 fewer PA's this season. If Raleigh played in the NL or was having this type of year in almost any other season - he'd be the clear cut MVP. But how many 220+ wRC+ seasons have their been in the past 50 years of baseball? This is Bond's level sh*t. What Raleigh is doing is also historic for a catcher. It will be fun to see if he can sustain it over the course of a full season.
  8. Do you guys think catcher's defensive value is underrated in the fWAR calc? Obviously Cal deserves a ton of credit and would get lots of votes if happened today. But Judge is the MVP right now.
  9. Judge - and it's not really close. 222 wRC+ (v. 184 for Cal) and 6.5 WAR (v. 5.6 for Cal). A few extra HRs for Cal are insignificant.
  10. I need Springer in the all-star game this year. What a bounce back. What a player. My fav!
  11. Against one of the best pitchers in baseball. Stop trolling.
  12. This is what I expect to happen. Even if it leaves us with only 1 lefty in the pen for awhile.
  13. That's a huge f*cking win boys. Let's take Game 2 on Canada Day tomorrow! How about this team boys!
  14. The 2024 draft class seems to be killing it. There's what - 5 guys already in the majors and guys like Yesavage and others having amazing 1st seasons in the minors. Love to see it.
  15. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    and that's the end of the Marner era. Not much of a return for him from Vegas. I was hoping for a more impactful player than Roy. I do think Treliving did well to resign JT and extend Knies - both below what I thought they'd get (albeit the JT one is a little long). Curious to see what else he does.
  16. The report literally said he may be ready to return right after the all-star break...why would you just write-off the season? There's got to be some hope he can return and be productive down the stretch.
  17. "Anthony Santander suffered a left shoulder subluxation in May, the Blue Jays revealed Monday. The Jays had been calling the injury shoulder inflammation, though to be fair, that was the main issue that caused him to go on the IL weeks after he was hurt crashing into a wall in a game against the Angels. Santander is nearly ready to resume swinging now, potentially putting him in line to return right after the All-Star break."
  18. It appears Lauer is arbitration eligible next year too? That's a pretty nice option for us to have.
  19. I sure did. He's unreal.
  20. I was lucky enough to be at the Steer 3 HR and near no-no by Nick Martinez last night. About as good as an 8-1 blow out game can get!
  21. I'm sure glad he found out he would be inducted into the HOF before he passed. It's too bad he didn't make it to the inauguration day though...
×
×
  • Create New...