Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I'd like Suzuki as a backup but he just isn't able to produce at the level he did 4-5 years ago. If he ended up as our C I'd be pretty disappointed unless he was brought in on the cheap to afford significant upgrades elsewhere.
  2. But does it really matter where you get your value from? Say you have the choice between the following: Catcher A: 3 oWAR, 0 dWAR Catcher B: 1.5 oWAR, 1.5 dWAR Why would Catcher B be more desirable?
  3. It's a very good point you are making. I think Salty at his age is a better bet on a 3 year deal than Ruiz.
  4. He's got his warts but at his age and at that price I would definitely do that.
  5. MAybe not quite 10 but close. He was very young when he started trolling.lol It's amazing the level of dedication he had.
  6. It's rare but you'll see it most often when a player's WAR is inflated by defensive metrics.
  7. Well for starters it's a really easy and quick baseline to use. So you use it when it fits your argument and you discredit it when it doesn't. But most of the time on a sabremetric-friendly board you will see people use and promote that stat.
  8. His bat isn't good enough for DH. Yes, he has power, but his ability to take walks is atrocious. Backup C is more feasible but he's kind of fickle so I'm not sure how he would respond to that. It would be best for him to be a backup C on another team.
  9. So does this make us all Angels fans? Because for Trout to win the MVP the Angels will have to start winning.
  10. Well I was going off of this running article which had him in the Top 10: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=21855. I also read something on fangraphs very recently which suggested something similar.
  11. Provided his medical records check out, I'd love to see Hanigan as our C. Viewed through a sabremetric lense, there is a lot to like about him. Supposedly a top notch pitch framer as well.
  12. I'd like to see a trade for Martin Maldonado of Milwaukee. Good defensively, excellent pitch framer, relatively young, and inexpensive.
  13. Well I didn't say I like it but if Lind is no longer with the team and they want to play Gose in LF they could slide Melky to DH.
  14. I agree. If Rasmus is on the team I'd keep him in CF. I do think there is a small chance Melky is the starting DH next year though.
  15. Even as a baseball fan I'd prefer to see wrestling. Baseball in the Olympics doesn't really matter a whole lot to me.
  16. It depends. I think this board is more or less right in assessing his talent, but it downplays the injury concerns as well as how other teams will interpret his numbers this year. If the Jays offer him 10 million, do you really see the Padres or Rays coming close to that? And given Johnson's injury history would he really want to leave several million on the table just so he can pitch in a bigger ballpark? I suppose their are the big market teams as well but would they even bother with Johnson?
  17. After the year Johnson had I don't think Ned Colletti will be interested.
  18. Johnson is so unreliable. I'd prefer to see that money spent elsewhere. If you really want Johnson back, I still wouldn't give him the QO; at this point I bet an 8-10 million dollar offer would outbid everyone else anyway.
  19. I had Player X on my fantasy team but traded him. I really regret it.
  20. Yes, I know all about his peripherals. But you're ignoring his injury history. He's had about 8 years in the bigs now and 4 of them have been derailed by injury and he's turning 30 next season. How many innings would you pencil him in for next season? Another 80 like this year? That certainly wouldn't be worth 14 million.
  21. Thanks. I find it to be somewhat realistic and cost effective as well. The one guy I am not sure about is Infante as I don't know that we could pry him away from the Tigers. A similar talent, and from the same team actually, would be to sign Peralta and play him at 2B. His metrics at SS have been good the past few seasons so I think he could handle it. Also, he would give us some roster flexibility in that we wouldn't necessarily need Barmes at that point as Peralta could serve as the starting 2B and backup SS, something Infante can't really do.
  22. I don't know why I see this pushed as an option so often on this board. I almost guarantee that $14M could be better used elsewhere.
  23. Really quick, here are some moves to fix the lineup and defense: -Sign Infante (plus defender and not bad with the bat at all) -Sign Baker (platoons with Gose in LF and provides depth at 1B and 3B too) -Sign Clint Barmes (metrics say he is every bit as good as Brendan Ryan and he's better with the bat) -Trade Loup for Martin Maldonado (subpar bat but plus defender and excellent pitch framer, he's also not older than dirt like Molina) -Pick up Lind's option, throw in 2 million (he costs that much to buyout anyway), and trade him for the best prospect we can get -Dump one of Maicer or DeRosa (can't afford to waste two bench spots, Izturis would require eating salary) LINEUP 1. SS Reyes (S) 2. RF Bautista 3. CF Rasmus (L) 4. 1B Encarnacion 5. 3B Lawrie 6. DH Melky (S) 7. 2B Infante 8. C Maldonado 9. LF Gose/Baker (L/R) *move Baker up against lefties BENCH C-Thole (L) UT-Baker SS-Barmes UT-Pick your poison, DeRosa or Izturis (S) The defense takes a big step forward here as Infante, Maldonado, and Gose are given everyday roles over the rotating junk at 2B, JPA, and Melky. Barmes is a huge upgrade off the bench over the likes of Maicer, Kawasaki, Boni, etc. It's not all defensive additions, however, as Infante can hit and Baker can hit LHP. I'll get to the rotation/bullpen later but the rotation will be better even if no moves are made (although I fully expect some to be made).
  24. Typical. It's a comment outside of the circle jerk so it's met with expletives.
×
×
  • Create New...