Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Would a big market team get involved if he's only looking for one year? I know the Yanks wouldn't but maybe the Dodgers or Sox?
  2. I think that is good news as it probably takes them out of the running for Burnett, right?
  3. Looks like he got 2 years and about 8 million.
  4. That's actually not too bad. Especially considering that we have the most likely chance of all AL East teams of improving the team between now and the end of the season.
  5. So if the method of assembling the team is to your liking but the team ends up sucking on the field you'd enjoy the season? I wouldn't. I don't like the methods the FO is using to assemble the team but if the end result is a WS I'll be quite pleased. My guess is that it would excite you more than you think.
  6. So if the Jays win this year it won't "do a whole lot" for you because you don't like the way the team was assembled?
  7. If we sign Ubaldo/Santana/etc. I don't know if there is a need for Capuano other than for depth as I'm not convinced he'll be any better than Happ this upcoming season. But if we don't sign one of the top remaining FA's, then Capuano would be a fallback option.
  8. Waiting out the market is the new market inefficiency.
  9. How many runs, if any, would we save by doing that?
  10. That is not a pretty picture.
  11. To add, they are coming off of a 3rd place finish. They could be in the midst of suffering the consequences of their past actions right now and we just don't realize it because it's year one.
  12. Good move by the Dodgers.
  13. The population of the predator can become so extreme that not only does it pose risks to other species, like you said, but to the predator itself. Competition for depleting food and resources will eventually occur and then you can see a massive population crash among the predator. So while it seems counter intuitive, hunting mountain lions could, and probably does, ensure the species' long term survival.
  14. He said he was sick of the whole process and didn't want to be involved with all the preachiness that was coming out of the BBWA in the way they were voting.
  15. For defensive metrics that sample size is so small it's may not even be worth mentioning his UZR/150.
  16. Look at his criteria lol: 20 win seasons CY VOTES, that's VOTES, not actual awards MVP votes Here's his rationale:
  17. Not really. If you actually read either blog they both are claiming to have sources that are telling them that the Jays are in on Tanaka to at least some degree. King (not be confuse with Kingkat) highlighted this above.
  18. For what it's worth, two blogs are reporting that the Jays are heavy on Tanaka. http://blogs.thescore.com/djf/ http://www.bluejaysplus.com/jays-heavy-tanaka-starting-pitching/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=jays-heavy-tanaka-starting-pitching&utm_reader=feedly#sthash.jExUANqg.dpbs
  19. Oh I hear ya, just saying that on a Jays board you'd think the first name to come to mind when discussing 90's 2B would be Alomar instead of Biggio.
  20. Regardless of what I think of Kirk's prediction, if surrendering a 1st rounder scares off teams in to giving Ubaldo more than a 3 year deal I would definitely be interested. Ever since 2008 when he became a full time starter he has made at least 31+ starts. And in each of those years outside of his very poor '12 he has had at least a 3.2 WAR Say the price is around 3 years and 36 to 45 million or so and I'd probably be pleased with that.
  21. Wait...are my favorite dynasty commissioners fighting? Guys, please stop. pls
  22. Nice post. I was all for letting Johnson walk but this was under the assumption that the savings would be reinvested in the team.
  23. I'm a little late to the party so some of this has probably been said but they both have their faults. JP was probably a little more "sabremetric" friendly but he wasn't smart about it all. He gave BJ Ryan a 50 million dollar deal after all. That's atrocious.
×
×
  • Create New...