Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Speaking of Dave Stewart, did anyone catch his quote about how the D-Backs are a "true baseball team" because they don't heavily rely on analytics?
  2. I know we've got your garden variety trolls but this might be the first novelty account.
  3. It's 12 million for Cuba to 9.5 million for the DR.
  4. Cuba has a higher population than the DR. MLB could see a shitload of Cuban players should relations actually normalize.
  5. I'm not a huge fan of Melky and wasn't too concerned about bringing him back but 3 for 45 seems fair for both parties.
  6. I don't think they would necessarily concede that although you may be right in that they realize the last year of the deal may be lost. But this is Epstein's MO IMO. He doled out or traded for a lot of very big contracts, especially toward the end of his run Boston.
  7. He is garbage. I think Morosi is even worse though.
  8. I don't want any part of Hill unless the Dbacks are paying a HUGE chunk of his salary due injury concerns, his age, and eroding skills.
  9. They left for the Dodgers already.
  10. He could but then he loses a lot of his value which is tied to the great defense he provides at 3B.
  11. AA certainly likes his serviceable #5 SPs. He gave up some stuff to get Happ and keeps picking up his option. Traded for Estrada and tendered him. I guess a year of giving 10+ starts to the Wangs and the Ramon Ortiz' of the world will do that to a GM.
  12. Geezus Morosi is a moron. From his new column:
  13. We don't know what prospects though. As cheap as the Astros are it could have crossed their minds to non-tender him but they are going to try and squeeze anything of worth out of him via trade instead. So maybe AA could give up some non-prospect for him while paying him 10 million. Not bad for a guy with a 124 wRC+ when you consider some of the alternatives.
  14. Everth Cabrera non-tendered. He could be a guy at 2B.
  15. What the hell happened to his UZR? Inside Edge didn't think he was too bad.
  16. Morosi is the worst baseball writer out there IMO. I had to stop following him because his tweets are so incredibly annoying.
  17. I don't think an in-game injury is very concerning. The odds are low and if it happens you just yank the DH and pinch hit for the pitchers the rest of the game. Even IF that happens, it's not guaranteed to cost the game. You could be up by 6 runs when it happens or down by 6 and the injury doesn't affect the outcome. Or the injury could happen in the 8th and you wouldn't even need to pinch hit.
  18. Yeah I read that as well.
  19. I like this deal for Boston although I'd like it more if they signed him to play 3B.
  20. How often does that happen though? Not enough to even factor it in really IMO. I think it'd give the team a lot of roster flexibility as it basically gives you an extra roster spot - with Jaso among your starting 9 you could then have 4 bench players and none of them would have to be a C.
  21. Jaso would be a good acquisition. Unlike others, I wouldn't mind him being the backup C as well as the primary DH.
  22. Idk, Bruce was awful last year. One of the worst players in the bigs and his projections aren't great for this year either.
  23. Yeah this isn't a bad idea. Offer him a strong five year deal and if he takes it, good. But make the Sox go that extra year if they want him.
  24. Yeah I knew I'd forget some people. Jays apparently in on some of them. But my second point still stands.
×
×
  • Create New...