Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Tabler: "Justin Smoak pounded out a pitcher the other day..." Lol I usually don't find double entendre that funny but Tabler just makes it too obvious.
  2. Last year we got a 2 WAR position player for nothing as well as an effective reliever, also for nothing. I'd like to see similar deals this year. No need to break the prospect bank.
  3. Joba clearly trying to exploit the ******** zone. Smart of him but it backfired after the ump suddenly starts calling them balls.
  4. LOL, stats huh? What about he just sucks at his job? How were you able to eliminate that one? And what statistics did you apply to eliminate betting but allow for xenophobia (you're more xenophobic than anyone on this board btw) to be a possibility for the s*** calls? Please go on hiatus again.
  5. So not only are you able to tell that he's biased but you are able to eliminate some of the factors that could lead to his bias?
  6. Nice thing about Grilli is that we have a 3M option for next season as well.
  7. No, he's serious. No disrespect to Canada, I really like it and may move there some day and there's no reason for him to feel this way but Grant has an inferiority complex toward the US. He can't help but bring it up every so often.
  8. I still can't believe that first inning strike call and then tossing EE and Gibby. On Canada Day no less.
  9. So that pitch was about 6 inches off the plate? Terrible.
  10. It's true. We are all terrible. I should be banned. Mods.
  11. That damn up even said "I'm not perfect" during the argument. Well why toss Edwin? Just let him vent if you know you screwed up. I guess maybe he tossed him quickly because there was a little bit of contact?
  12. The call was so egregious it just shocked Edwin and that was his natural reaction. He doesn't ever really get mad. Bad call and then a quick trigger by the ump. f*** that ump.
  13. Alright fellas, I'm walking over to the stadium here in a couple of minutes. Rare chance I get to cheer live! Go Jays!
  14. From what I read it's not necessarily as simple as "breaking balls don't break as much". Certain pitches rotate and spin differently which leads to different results. Regardless, whatever those pitches may be they need to identify them so we are on the same page.
  15. I was at the game and heard you. lol That Flande heckling seemed pretty effective. Although I think you almost were responsible for killing Travis because you heckled Flande mid-pitch and he lost control and let it fly toward Travis' head.
  16. They need to run studies on the physics of different pitches and how they are affected by the altitude. I've read an article where fastballs and sliders are least affected so if true it would probably be a smart idea to get pitchers who can rely on throwing a lot of fastballs and sliders, Jon Gray being a good start. Whatever other studies they could do, they should be done as well. Perhaps good defensive players are extra important with a heightened run atmosphere like that, for example. They should constantly be searching for whatever edge they can get in that ballpark. But ownership isn't interested in running a team like that. They've basically had the same type of old-school GM for decades and it's not a very forward thinking front office. They view the ballpark as a curse but it doesn't have to be. If they maximized whatever benefits and/or mitigated whatever detriments Coors Field offers they could be playing to an advantage 81 times a season. Instead they field broken teams that don't properly take advantage of the quirky home park.
  17. Yeah, easily. The team is always garbage but the fans show up anyway.
  18. Stick a fork in him.
×
×
  • Create New...