Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Would love to see a crafty move where IKF gets pinch hit for his first plate appearance and Barger/Clement finish the game out. But who am I kidding. IKF is going 0-4 with 3 Ks...
  2. I don’t think I was wrong at all, a 6 man rotation during the stretch with no off days isn’t a bad move unfortunately the pen is taking a fat dump on itself lately and plans need to change meanwhile you’ve added a ton of post hoc reasoning to your “ramp up the starters” post but if it makes you feel any better send me your address and I will mail you a Swiss chalet gift card sir!
  3. Yes exactly, things ebb and flow over the course of 162 and in two weeks the bullpen will be fine and the highly regarded members of the board will be zeroed in on something else, claiming they rightly identified a team weakness all along (despite the fact that they thought we were a last placed team entering the season)
  4. Yeah the one move you could criticize Schneider for is pulling Nance too early
  5. lol that was not your reasoning at all you wanted to “ramp up” the starters to get them ready for the playoffs no mention of the bullpen being an arm short at all and even so, you wanted Bassitt or Berrios out of the rotation and in the bullpen and Lauer in . Bassitt spun a gem today if you didn’t notice
  6. Frustrating loss. I blame Little more than anyone. Thank god this 6 man rotation is done though. We’ve been short staffed and because the bullpen has been in a rut we are using more relievers than necessary on top of it. Multiple things compounding the struggles. Im hopeful the pen snaps out of it soon though. Lauer should be a solid long man and then we get another reliever on top of that with expanded rosters. Hopefully that can give the relievers a little rest and they get out of this rut.
  7. Only an 89.5 mph exit velocity from Lukes on that fly out
  8. Geezus would you please just relax and take a deep breath
  9. Loperfido is having one epic slump at the dish in AAA right now I believe
  10. Lukes/Schneider Barger/Clement Gimenez/IKF Varsho/Straw
  11. Don’t worry pal, you’re the last person I’ll be taking into the playoff baseball foxhole this October
  12. I’ve been taking notes on who here can’t handle a 3 run deficit in an August game October will not be for the faint of heart and I need to know who I can trust
  13. time to lock in boys…we are chasing the pennant
  14. Would it kill Dustin Hoffman to simply blow the lead? Maybe just let them tie it or we’re down by 1? Why does he have to just completely suck ass and put the other team ahead multiple runs?
  15. My god the Twins are ass Selig was right to want to contract them
  16. Yep. 1-6, it's a collection of solid to good setup men without having elite high end fireballers. I can see where they all click and this team advances far but I can also see where a few of them struggle and we get bounced early.
  17. Yeasavage could also play a factor as a multi-inning weapon but he'll need to ace his next start as the clock is ticking for him. But all that said, the Jays pitching is very deep and not that top heavy. That normally plays down in the playoffs but if Bieber is dealing and the bullpen is clicking, I could see a scenario where we are mixing and matching game to game and end up making the World Series.
  18. Yeah you can't write off Bassitt or Berrios just yet. Both are solid mid rotation innings eaters that are great to have in the regular season. But they aren't THAT much worse than Gausman/Scherzer. And I'm not convinced they are any worse than Lauer. Good final months from them and bad months from Gaus/Scherzer could propel them into the playoff rotation. That does seem possible, but a little bit unlikely.
  19. You could almost keep Lauer's options open. If any of the Top 3 struggle in Games 1-3, he could come in as the longman. If they don't, then you could save Lauer as a piggy-back for Game 4.
×
×
  • Create New...