Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Those are all fine points. But you're also one of the smarter and more stat-savvy posters here so it surprises me that you care so much about how he carries himself. I get his age being a concern though.
  2. Casuals love him. It's weird how the stat-friendly board let's their personal feelings about his personality get in the way of evaluating him.
  3. Yep. Why does everyone here hate Bautista?
  4. Oh ok, you mean on-field identity. Well yeah that makes sense. This team should be pretty good next year but we need two corner OFers and bullpen help. I think one of the two OFers needs to be a good player. There are two good OFers left on the market in Fowler and Bautista. I think we need one of them or someone through trade like Eaton at least. Perhaps Fowler wants too much or he just doesn't really want to come here. Perhaps Eaton costs too much. Bautista is not a bad option.
  5. It's not, it's one of those special Spanish-language inside scoops from Ang.
  6. Why? Back to back ALCS appearances. Packed dome. Lots of headline makers. It's been the best two years of Blue Jays baseball in over 20 years.
  7. Yeah one year too many, same as with Morales. Looking back, same thing with Russell Martin. It usually takes an extra year to secure the free agent. The AAV would be a-okay with me.
  8. I would sign Saunders to that deal.
  9. I'd be game we need two corner OFers. Not sure we have the cash for that though. Who knows maybe Fowler doesn't want to come to the Jays and is just using them to try and find a deal elsewhere. At that point it's not really an either-or scenario it becomes more about just Bautista.
  10. A poor defensive player can make up for his defense with his bat. Bautista is a damn good hitter, even in a down year. His defense alone isn't a good enough reason not to sign him because overall he's clearly a valuable player. We are all dicks out for Fowler but I'd like to see some sort of statistical argument that makes him that much more appealing on a 4 year deal than Bautista on a 2 or 3. Seems like the projections think they will be pretty similar, only Bautista probably has more injury risk and Fowler requires more commitment.
  11. I hear ya. It's really close to me though. I think the projections would probably say it's close as well. I wouldn't be upset with either deal.
  12. I get that part of your original post. I just didn't understand why you'd prefer to have Bautista make a position switch while Pearce plays his lesser position. I'd put Bautista in LF and Pearce at 1B.
  13. What if Bautista signed a 2 year deal for similar AAV to Fowler at a 4 year deal?
  14. Why? Pearce is good at 1B, less so in the OF. Just take the good defense at 1B IMO by leaving Pearce there and throw Bautista in LF where his defense sucks but his bat will make up for it.
  15. ****s won't let Americans watch their videos.
  16. I like your lineup idea but I wouldn't swap their defense like that. Bautista is bad, but Pearce is good at 1B (better than he is in the OF). I wouldn't mess with a good thing and just take the solid defense at 1B with Pearce and live with whatever Bautista gives us in LF.
  17. We need OF bad. Despite his s***** defense he's projected for 3 WAR. If the AAV is right I'd easily give him a 2 year deal. I'd probably put him in LF.
  18. It could. I'd offer it up and see what they say.
  19. Can the Jays please "implode" next?
  20. Yeah it's a dump but the Cardinals are one of the better organizations to play for it seems.
  21. Lol Gibbons opening his mouth again. http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1176299-gibbons-blue-jays-could-pursue-fowler-revere-for-leadoff-spot
  22. Let's up it to 4 for 70.
×
×
  • Create New...