Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Roster cuts coming tomorrow. Heyman is saying that Upton is on the bubble. I don't trust Heyman though.
  2. I hate to see guys get hurt but if it's something that doesn't require surgery and it happens to one of our rivals for the WC then I'm not too upset about it.
  3. No problem. I'm never a grammar nazi except in that one instance.
  4. Wait he would jerk off in to teammates socks? lol And s*** on cakes and in chili?
  5. And it's so frustrating because with the abundance of 1B/LF options this offseason it would have been so easy to fill those two holes. If we miss the playoffs by a couple of games this year it's going to be pretty easy to point to those two positions and ask why they weren't addressed this offseason.
  6. Yeah the damn picture didn't show up like I wanted it to but it's a fine cap.
  7. Just got a notification from TheScore that Rougned Odor received "two elite horses" as a part of his extension. Seems a little weird but those things are worth some money right?
  8. Could be leg injuries on top of it but he blurred vision for two years after a concussion in 2013.
  9. I think he's had so many difficulties with concussions that it's basically 1B/DH or retirement. Catching isn't an option.
  10. He's old enough that he could be entering his decline years while Shatkins is still waiting for a breakout. If we were the cash strapped Rays then taking a chance on his profile makes sense but we are a contender and giving him ABs makes little sense.
  11. Geezus...love this FO but their insistence on this guy is nuts.
  12. I'm sure gutting out 50 pitches while being injured on Canada Day didn't help.
  13. Pretty sure I'm on record as wanting to give Chone Figgions 80+ million and that I liked the Vernon Wells extension.
  14. His fastball has some tailing action on it as well.
  15. Trump threw at an opening pitch at Fenway in 2006. Is there any video of that?
  16. LBJ has a cannon on the Presidential arm strength scale. Bill Clinton's wasn't bad.
  17. Yeah I agree. I went to compare our bullpen to the teams ahead of them and I really couldn't even tell much of a difference. Rotation is where they aren't accounting for our FIP-beaters properly. I also think Bolsinger provides more depth than they think. Take away Latos and Lawrence's inning and give them to Bolsinger and that makes a little bit of a difference as well.
  18. I think they are too low on the rotation by a lot but it's understandable. Yes, our depth sucks but a lot of teams don't even have serviceable #5 SP's, we have a quite capable one. And projection systems aren't ever really going to like our rotation all that much because Estrada is a FIP-beater as is the new post-Pirates version of JA Happ. They are basically saying that Estrada is a #4 or 5 SP in this league when over the past two years his RA-9 has him as a good #2 SP. That's going to make a huge difference in rankings like these. They treat Happ similarly. Just taking a quick peak at the rankings, no way the Angels have a better rotation than us. Same with a lot of those teams. I think I'd put them behind the Giants at #9. I think they are a lot closer to being right on the bullpen. Osuna is elite but we rely on two guys who are a little dicey in Grilli and Biagini. The good thing is I think the lower leverage guys are pretty solid. So we've got a great closer, iffy setup men, and good low leverage guys. Overall that's probably better than #16 but I don't think by a whole lot. Maybe #12 or so?
  19. Lol I remember a blind kid threw a strike once. Colin Kapernick missed the zone but his was like 90+ mph. I think he pitched in college. Most of them are pretty bad though.
  20. That was so bad it was remarkable. Obama throwing like a girl while wearing mom jeans was pretty bad as well.
  21. He's still a good golfer and used to be REALLY good. But yeah in high school he was really good at baseball, football and soccer - or so his old teammates and coaches say. Was supposedly scouted by the Phillies and Red Sox in baseball.
  22. He was actually pretty good at baseball in his day. Scouted by a couple of pro teams. He's old and fat now so probably wouldn't be great though.
×
×
  • Create New...