Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Nice road trip boys. Season over.
  2. Yeah and maybe when you drag him to be a hitter his hitting stats pop up? If he's only batting every 5 days then why bother but if he's getting semi-regular AB's as a DH or something then they might want to do something. That said I am operating under the assumption that he's a good hitter, you know more about him than I do. If he only bats every 5 days when he pitches then they might just make him a pitcher.
  3. I bet they make him a "SP, UT" to start.
  4. Thanks for the tips everyone. Might target Paredes, Mountcastle and Helesley for now.
  5. Unfortunately he's not.
  6. I forgot he stabbed someone. Billy Butler is a good comp. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here though and was thinking maybe the 5% chance he has to turn in to a 30+ homer guy would be worth it. Here is who I am considering. Sorry for turning this thread in to a "help my fantasy team" thread but I'll stop soon. Any of these guys look interesting to anyone? Found most of these names through stat-scouting, googling prospects, looking at lists, seeing who is most owned on fantrax, etc. Andres Gimenez SS Josh Naylor 1B Cole Tucker SS Yusniel Diaz OF Shed Long 2B Tyler Beede SP Ryan Mountcastle SS Logan Allen SP Cole Ragans SP Jacob Nix SP Isaac Paredes SS Pedro Avila SP Ryan Helsley SP Danny Jansen C Touki Toussaint SP Christin Stewart OF Fernando Romero SP
  7. Thanks. I read that his approach is kind of the problem but I don't know if that's true. He has good contact skills and will swing and make contact at pitches that aren't drivable, or so say the reports that I read. That could be true but his walk rate is up this year so he's showing more patience, not sure. He does hit a lot of ground balls so maybe it's his swing plane. He's not really at Hosmer levels or anything though. I'm considering picking him up in a 12 team, 12 man MiLB roster dynasty league.
  8. I think it's fine. There's not much minor league ball yet. Perhaps they can see how he handles it and then start him off next year in High A or AA depending on how he seems to do?
  9. What do you guys think of Mississauga native Josh Naylor? Only 20 and hitting alright enough in AA but the 70 raw power isn't translating into game power. Will he ever tap into it?
  10. Might have been the most frustrating loss of the season. I could not understand why Lopez didn't throw the ball to first.
  11. Nice lol. I need to check that out.
  12. Danny Jansen made Fangraphs "Fringe Five" list (which lists unheralded prospects who haven't ever appeared on any lists and could make it) for once, although it wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Here's the blurb, interesting to note that poor remarks regarding his defense: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-fringe-five-baseballs-most-compelling-fringe-prospects-99/
  13. I just found that out yesterday. Is it any good?
  14. Yeah that was a peculiar trade. What are we going to do with him?
  15. Yesterday's game was the most frustrating loss of the season. I wish Raffy Lopez would get DFA'd. Couldn't block the ball which is bad enough but not throwing to first was inexcusable.
  16. Spanky it's 6:30 EST. How are you so bombed? Go take a nap brother.
  17. Welp, they made it interesting.
  18. Swung at ball 4 twice in a row. That would have brought Donaldson to the plate as the tying run.
  19. On September 1 we can expand to 40. Who should we add?
  20. Lol ouch. But I think he's better than that. Steamer and Zips both think his bat project for a wRC+ of 99 and 92, respectively. Last year he threw up 2.7 WAR.
  21. That's a good call. He's the type of guy we need.
  22. That second WC spot is such a tossup. The favorite is only at 28.3%. A good week and those odds could flip but a bad one and we're done. This a very dicey road trip.
  23. Yeah I mean even if his defense is bad he's better than Goins and Barney. He's owed over a mil for the rest of this year and his option next year is 8.5 million with a 2 mil buyout. Maybe give the Mets a lottery ticket and see if they'll pay for his buyout. If they did I might even consider picking that option up given our glass middle infield.
  24. Cozart is the best option out there but I wonder what he would cost. He's actually good so probably something of value. Not sure how far he makes it in waivers either.
  25. I had thought about him but I think his defense has fallen off a cliff. -9 DRS in 45 games at SS. That's pretty much unplayable. His baserunning is awful too. -10.7 which is worst in the league, even worse than Kendrys. He's not a bad hitter though and in theory he is versatile. He has an ok option too. But he just can't seem to play SS anymore.
×
×
  • Create New...