Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Hopefully this is the last Tepesch start and Anderson, Biagini and Rowley can fill in the starts around Stroman, Happ and Estrada (should he stay with the team) for the rest of the year.
  2. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/08/blue-jays-to-sign-brett-anderson.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  3. Fangraphs updated Top 10 Prospects list came out today for both the NL and AL East. Here is the blurb on the Jays. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/updated-top-10-prospect-lists-al-east/
  4. I'd see what happens these next four games. If we play well we should keep Estrada (and try to resign him to a 2 year deal in the offseason) and give the Mets a bag of balls for Ass-Dribble Cabrera and make this last month and a half fun. Cozart, Kinsler, Phillips, etc. would be other options.
  5. You guys got any other low level (or under the radar) prospects with high upside that you find interesting? Some guys that I've had an eye on lately are Keibert Ruiz, Isaac Paredes, Pedro Avila (because I saw him mentioned here), Ryan Helsley and Esteury Ruiz. Happy to discuss any of them.
  6. I thought so at first but it's getting a lot of buzz on twitter and from mainstream media outlets. Baseball needs to do a better job of marketing the sport as a nationwide sport instead of just having regional strongholds everywhere. I think this is helping a little bit.
  7. Gibby is throwing in the towel.
  8. Oh, well yeah he is killing it but no wonder I couldn't find him on the Canadians roster. Maybe use the full name when talking about rarely discussed 18 year olds? Lol would save me 5 minutes of my time in the future.
  9. Who is FTJ? I looked at the Canadians roster and didn't see anyone with those initials.
  10. I'll ignore the comment about the defense but thank god Jay Bruce is bringing professionalism to the Indians' pennant chase. Showing up on time for the team bus is really going to put them over the edge.
  11. I don't believe there is any sort of pattern to it so it's hard to say if we'll play Pittsburgh. The odds probably aren't good but I'm not positive.
  12. Tabler and Buck, for all their faults, actually have good chemistry. The flow of their broadcast is good and they don't step on each others toes. That said, it's like listening to 2 old guys sitting in the row behind you. And you can hear them babble on about a bunch of stuff that is wrong and it's unnerving but you don't/can't say anything to correct them. But like I said, they do have good chemistry- so maybe Schulman upsets that chemistry a bit for you? I think he's pretty good otherwise.
  13. All good brother. The mistake was on my part.
  14. So Goins enters arb then right? He won't be dirt cheap anymore so maybe they'll finally just cut the cord. He's been the 13th worst player in the big leagues since he debuted and the fourth worst over the past two seasons. He needs a new profession.
  15. Lol true but projecting ones in AAA is a little easier than it is A ball.
  16. Yeah forgot about him. I'd like to see us sign Nunez and start him in the OF and move him to the IF when Travis or Tulo gets hurt. Then when the other gets hurt we could bring up Gurriel. Would be nice to have an ace defensive UT guy too. Goins and Barney at least used to be good defensive players but that's faltered along with their bats this year.
  17. And unlike the OF we have no real depth in the minors to draw from next season either. We need to get Nunez or Kendrick and maybe even both. Or at least one would be good and then make an effort to get a good bench player who can play SS. Can't count on Tulo or Travis at all.
  18. Tulo is done for the year. What a pathetic season he had. 3 years and 58 million left to go on his deal.
  19. I'm interested to see where we are at the end of this home stand. If we are only a couple back it wouldn't hurt to try and pick up a cheap SS or SP to make a run over the final month and a half. But the problem isn't necessarily the amount of games back it's the amount of teams that we have to jump. Of course as I express even a minimal amount of hope here we very well could drop 3 of the next 4 and fall completely out of it. It's really tenuous right now and we need a win streak asap.
  20. Danny Jansen has a 4 game hit streak to open up his promotion to AAA. What a season he is having after starting in high-A. At this rate he'll probably see the bigs in 2018 and could be our starting C in 2020 when Martin's contract runs out.
  21. Yeah if he only blows 2 we'd only be 2 games back right now. Kind of crazy. What really f***ed us though was that 6-17 start. We've been pretty decent but for that s*** start.
  22. Darren Daulton's 92 season was a gem. 7.2 WAR. Looks like a nice solid steroid-fueled year as much as any I've seen as well. lol
  23. Thanks now I need someone to help me read/interpret this. lol Here is Teoscar's page: http://www.claydavenport.com/ht/HERNANDEZ19921015A.shtml Is it saying that Teoscar's MLE slashline is .246/.309/.390? If he provides above average base running and defense like the reports say that is probably borderline starter/solid 4th OFer territory.
  24. Steamer projects Jansen as slashing .246/.306/.366 at the big league level this year. If he we average defensively he'd probably be an ok backup C as is. But C generally develop slowly. I don't know much about his swing or why he's not hitting for much power but Catchers take forever to develop with not only the glove but the bat too. He's a pretty big guy, there's a good chance we see more power from him in coming years.
×
×
  • Create New...