Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Well that compensation plays into the contract we would have to give him.
  2. What's the compensation now?
  3. According to fangraphs dot com and some other articles I've read, Bautista's batspeed is still good but it's no longer elite. His main problem is that his excellent contact skills (which were at or above league average which is great for a power hitter) have fallen off a cliff. His swing is also designed for a ton of loft and with the decreased exit velocity he hits a bunch of pop flies. Unless he was playing hurt and we see a bounce back from being healthy or some other adjustment he makes he's cooked. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/is-this-the-end-for-jose-bautista/
  4. I'd definitely bet on Granderson but the projections are probably somewhat close enough that I wouldn't be surprised if Bautista had a 30% chance or so of out WARing Granderson next year.
  5. It seems like FA prices are a bit down this year as well. Now might be as good of a time as any to invest in a multi-year deal for a pitcher.
  6. Yeah Alford and Pompey provide OF depth from AAA. Gurriel possibly too. DSJ and Harold Ramirez are lottery tickets.
  7. I wonder what that footspeed would rank for LFers? Teoscar would be a better backup CF than Granderson (who also has no arm). Given that Pillar plays a high number of games and that we have Alford in AAA in case of a Pillar injury I think Teoscar could fill in for 10 games spread across the course of the season.
  8. IMO Cain isn't happening anymore. We've got about $15 million left or so and here is how we are set up. LF- Granderson/Pearce RF- Hernandez #5 SP- Biagini Cain alone would probably take up the remaining funds we have left. I expect that they'd rather use most of those funds on a SP and kick Biagini to the swingman role.
  9. 5 mil for him is less than I expected.
  10. Wow that's a great deal for him. Would have loved for the Jays to grab him at that price to play LF and provide more IF depth. Maybe Nunez is still a possibility. I guess with Solarte and Diaz on board we may not need a guy like him as much though.
  11. That's great value for Loup. I'm less happy with Zeke. The money is fine it's just the fact that he takes up a roster spot that I think could be given to someone better.
  12. Overweight Retarded Inbred Obese Losers Eating s*** ORIOLES
  13. Prices might be starting to drop some. 3 for 39 is a fair FA deal.
  14. It was like 90 ABs right?
  15. I think Teoscar Hernandez is underrated here. The OBP might not be there but he's got enough pop, defense and baserunning to be an average regular. At worst he's a solid backup. He's also old enough that he deserves his shot now. I think given all the needs we have he's probably penciled in as a starter. Not sure Shatkins signs two starting OFers.
  16. I think Dickey might be the only guy in baseball who will make this board knowingly reject a good value signing when they see it. He's too good of a bargain to pass up. I'd watch an entire rotation fo RA Dickey's if it meant we won. Plus you could likely get him on a one year deal. Perfect situation for us where we are just wanting to tread water for 2 years without making any long term commitments.
  17. Nunez plays OF.
  18. Let's sign R.A. Dickey ($7 mil), Eduardo Nunez ($11 mil) a backup C ($?) and the rest on the bullpen ($3-5 mil or so). Then extend Donaldson. Call it a wrap.
  19. I think some might be ignoring the effects of moving a guy from the rotation in the spring, to a relief role in the bigs leagues, then back to the rotation in April, May or June. Then if someone gets healthy he'd go back to the bullpen and do it all again. I guess that's what swingmen do and I can't say with any certainty that it has an adverse affect either so perhaps it is the right move. I don't find the argument regarding "downgrading the big league team" to be all the persuasive though. We are talking a handful of innings in a middle relief role over the course of the first couple months of the season. Those innings are probably made up when he can come in and pitch 6 to 7 innings unrestricted instead of 3 innings one start, 4 the next, then eventually he's got no restrictions. And of course, they may send him down to the bigs to stretch out while a shitbag like Rowley gets the interim starts anyway. This FO has done that before. The #6 SP is a key member of the big league team anyway. It's a more important position than a middle relief role IMO.
  20. Over an entire season it'd be a marginal downgrade of less than a WAR. And working off the theory that he'll be in the rotation sooner rather than later it's a very short term downgrade anyway. High likelihood that he's in the rotation in May or June. We probably need 8 capable starting pitchers. Some of them will need to be in AAA. I'm all for him starting in the bullpen and then switching to the rotation but would like to know how that affects his performance. This team also won't necessarily do that. They could send him back to Buffalo and allow a Mat Latos type to get starts while Biagini builds up his stamina.
  21. The first time he went from RP to SP they did that, the second time they sent him back to Buffalo.
  22. Yeah that might work. Although they didn't do that with him last year for some reason. I guess I'm assuming that switching him from bullpen to rotation adversely affects him but that's not necessarily true. It may not have last year, just looking at xFIP.
  23. *at which point he goes to the Buffalo rotation for 3-4 starts and then goes back to the MLB rotation where he's on an innings limit to start. In the meantime Ryan Borucki burns an option to get lit up for 2 games and Mat Latos makes the other two starts.
  24. Ha! Who cares. He's Joe Biagini. And when he's starting in the rotation in mid April it won't matter anyway.
  25. That's our starting pitching depth? Yikes. The average MLB team uses 10 to 11 starters a season. I'm afraid to ask who #8 and 9 are.
×
×
  • Create New...