Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. First off, we have way too many categories. A lot of these overlap. We need to cut it down to like 5. Also, I truly don’t hate anyone on the board but I tried to come up with a name for each category. 2017 Awards Best Overall Poster: BTS (I thought long and hard about this one. There were others I considered but BTS posts frequently without spamming the board and he contributes well in not only the main forum but most all of the OT threads too. It’s like a player whose MVP candidacy is that he put up 250 inning of 3.20 ERA instead of a pitcher who put up 180 innings on 2.90 ERA. To me he is the board MVP.) Funniest Poster: Boxcar Nicest Poster: P2F Best Foreign Poster: Bobthe4th edges out Ang. Both are good and I like Ang’s inside info but Ang hasn’t been posting as much. Dumbest Poster: clevelandsteamer Most out of touch poster: Grant Best Female Poster:*vdub almost wins by default but she’d likely beat out anyone else any way. Very good poster. Best New Poster/Rookie Of The Year: Ray Comeback poster of the year: Dick Pole Most Annoying Poster: clevelandsteamer Best Troll: King Best Mod: Hurl (they all do a good job though) Best infrequent poster: NJH Thread of the year: Kevin Pillar Breakout Alert Best new board meme: "Watch and learn folks" although Real Life Celebrity Roy Firestone remains my favorite. Biggest disappointment (decent poster that slipped): silver gun Worst Overall Poster: clevelandsteamer Worst Troll: clevelandsteamer New Cats: Best BJMB fantasy poster: P2F Best thread destroyer:*Gruber Most improved poster: Dick Pole Poster you would most want to meet in person: Boxcar (Hurl, BTS, NJH, BigCecil and all the political posters too) Most dramatic/triggered poster: Gruber Best Board contest:*I don’t participate but the HR contest Most SABR poster: NJH Most dinosaur poster:*Jim and BC are in their 50s!
  2. Not rebuilding isn't even a bad thing IMO. Fielding decent teams and keeping this fanbase active might leave the club in a healthier spot than what a rebuild would bring. No more 3 year deals for old players though. I don't care what Shatkins thinks the fanbase/ownership is pressuring them to do, but giving marginal 34 year old talent like Morales shouldn't happen regardless.
  3. Geezus....what the hell are they doing over there? They finally have assembled a decent core and they are seemingly pissing it away with big money for good not great relief pitchers. Terrible
  4. Yeah it all comes down to numbers. If JD wants 200 mil and the Cardinals back the truck up for him it's a no brainer to move him. If the offers are pretty tepid and JD is willing to sign for close to 150 mil then it makes sense to bring him back.
  5. Yes exactly, just need to get the drafting and player development up and running. If they can become a Top 5-10 franchise in doing that they will have enough resources to put together really good teams most seasons.
  6. They should just re-sign him and patch the roster with one and two year deals until 2020. Then Vlad and Bo are up with an old, but still productive JD. Tulo and Martin and Morales are all off the books by that point and with .500 finishes in 2018 and 2019 the fanbase is still active and engaged which will support a top 10 payroll moving forward. This is a realistic plan. Of course, maybe the patchwork leads to some surprises and they sneak in as a WC one of the two years. That would be nice.
  7. He's bargain bin material but he could have something left in the tank. His defense according to the metrics is below average but not terrible as well. It wouldn't be a horrible move if it allows the to redirect their resources toward the rotation.
  8. Agreed but the only way I could see it happening is if Rogers is directing them to do so.
  9. Lmao that would be a disaster.
  10. That's the only issue is what to do with him. The Smoak's and the Happ's of the world aren't going to hurt us if we hang on to them and just let them play their contracts out. The return for JD could make a big difference. The problem is if we get rid of him you can kiss being semi-competitive goodbye and it also just sends a message that we aren't even trying to compete.
  11. Fielding semi-competitive teams right now is highly enticing to ownership.
  12. Just reading the tea leaves here but I think we are dumpster diving this offseason and are looking to tread water until 2020 when Vlad is up.
  13. They were elected via the Modern Ballot. Not sure what that is exactly. Alan Trammell had a pretty good case for the HoF IMO while Morris did not.
  14. Rowdy Tellez at 31 seems about right. He's barely even a prospect anymore.
  15. Harrison would instantly become our best middle infielder, probably by a long shot. Would improve the team WAR drastically. He can also play OF and we need help there too. I don't think you are properly evaluating the dumpster fire that is our MI. Might be one of the worst in baseball right now. Tulo and Travis might be negative WAR players at this point and we currently have them penciled in as starters with some iffy depth behind them. I've been wanting Nunez but I think I like Harrison and his defense a lot more.
  16. MLB Starters= Tulo and Travis MLB Bench= Harrison and Diaz (let's face it these two probably get more playing time than the two listed above them) AAA Starters/Depth= Gourriel, Urena and Gift I'm just eyeballing those guys compared to Goins and Barney last year and that would be a huge improvement. Maybe up to a 5 WAR improvement?
  17. Cobb is pretty good. Basically lost 2 years due to his TJS but other than that he's been a good bet for over 2 WAR each year. 4 years for any pitcher makes me nervous but I'd give him 3. I think his track record is probably better than Happ's was back when we signed Happ to the 3 year deal so I think it'd probably take more money than that.
  18. I'm getting more comfortable with the idea of trading Donaldson and gearing up for 2020 when Vlad and Bo are ready.
  19. Most Jays fans are dumb as hell, I agree. But what about Jays fans who also read Fangraphs? They should be a little bit smarter. I like Shatkins. I think they generally want player development to be the way the team finds sustained success and I think it's the right plan. The problem is n owner and fanbase might not always have the patience for that. They already aren't very popular. What happens when they purposely half-ass another offseason and the team is never really in contention again? Add in a new owner and I could see them losing their jobs. They might not have the time necessary to do this slow build up that seems to be their plan.
  20. Rogers is old dinosaur media. The Jays would need to be owned by Google or something for all that to happen.
  21. Yeah I agree. We could do better but we could also do a whole lot worse.
  22. Sounds like you might have sent a dick pic to the wrong person before. Lol
  23. Today was a good day!
  24. Ok now it's time to start thinking about this. I have 5 names for my poster of the year category. I will carefully be considering all of them up until I make my choice some time in the last week of December. It's going to be a tight race.
×
×
  • Create New...