Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I'm surprised you feel that way. Marginal improvements in the pen are secondary to starting pitcher depth IMO. Let's assume we sign a capable fifth starter. Who would our 6th starter be? Borucki? Mat Latos or someone like him again? We will likely get a full season's worth of starts from pitchers other than our initial 1-5. Biagini should be soaking most of those up. Having him stretched out and ready to go when one of our starters gets hurt (it's inevitable) seems better than jerking him around from the MLB pen to the AAA rotation for a few games and then back up to the MLB rotation. It's also a lot easier to find a reliever who would provide similar production to Biagini than it is a starter who is willing to sign for depth. I guess I'd also be ok with him being the long reliever in theory. Just seems like in today's game with 8 man pens there aren't many guys who manage to stay stretched out in long relief. So he'd have to do the 4 games in Buffalo to stretch out anyway.
  2. 4.23 xFIP last year as a starter. He wasn't that much better as a reliever. Put him in AAA as starting depth.
  3. This team isn't bad at all and is definitely a WC contender. Solarte and Diaz improved the team 3 to 4 wins already. We've still got 20 mil or so left to spend. Need an OF and a pitcher.
  4. Pearce should not start over Hernandez IMO. Hernandez is the better OF. Pearce should start over Morales though.
  5. Even if we can't move Morales we should move him to the bench and start Pearce. Very similar bats but Pearce runs like Ricky Henderson compared to Morales. Morales' baserunning alone was worth about -1.0 WAR last year. Pearce also cannot field whatsoever.
  6. Well Steamer has them pegged as 1 WAR players in only 80 games. 1.5 to 2 WAR players are probably fringe starters, good backups.
  7. For a team that seemingly is going for the 2nd WC I think the middle infield is probably in okay shape.
  8. Woops, think I mispoke earlier. But here's the projected improvement we can count on compared to last year. In 362 PA last year, Barney was worth -0.6 WAR. In 459 PA last year, Goins was worth -0.3 WAR. In 324 PA, Steamer projects 1 WAR for Diaz. In 339 PA, Steamer projects 0.9 WAR for Solarte. So just kind of eyeballing it, we are looking at a 3 WAR improvement or so from our backup middle infielders.
  9. If they get similar playing time as Goins and Barney, Diaz and Solarte could be 4 WAR improvements EACH.
  10. Edward Olivares and a small second piece going the other way
  11. He's a good fit but I'll be interested to see the return.
  12. I think they both have 3 years of control left right? It would really depend on what I thought of Salazar's medicals. Salazar carries a lot more risk, but could turn out to be better over those three years. The market for good relievers is pretty insane right now. For elite relievers it's pretty nuts. It's close but I probably wouldn't do it.
  13. We match up really well with them in a trade. What about Salazar and Naquin for Osuna+?
  14. Hi there, welcome to the board. Not too many non-Canadians here. I'm American (there are probably a handful of others). We also have a Dominican, an Englishman and a Swede who post. Now we have a Scot! My mom is from Toronto and I visit about once a year. My grandfather always took me to the games each summer, that's how I became a fan.
  15. This is great. Almost better than the time when I received my Canadian citizenship earlier this year.
  16. Co-Poster of the Year! Congrats!
  17. Yeah we need to do this although King has disappeared so someone else will have to take this up. What we really need to do is a Hottest WAG Contest. I'd be game for running that one if I had some help in identifying the WAG's and gathering pictures and stuff.
  18. We need to cut down to 5 categories.
  19. We should consider taking Doc down from the banner.
  20. Jeter being overrated has more to do with him being considered one of MLB's top stars each and every year he was in the league when in reality he only once was in the Top 5 for WAR. John is right as well, his defense was really s***** at times throughout his career. He was able to correct it mid career but it again tanked once he got old. Playing for the most storied franchise in sports and winning titles certainly helped with his rep. He's more than qualified for the HoF but his candidacy revolves around a lengthy and healthy career where he racked up lots of WAR and counting stats each year without actually putting up superstar numbers.
  21. Haha woops. Not sure why he got cut off.
  22. That's absurd. I actually really like him at 4 years. He's a good hitter who pounds the ball in to the ground. If you could get him on board with the flyball revolution he could become elite. But there's a chance that never happens and 7 years is just way too long for him.
  23. Here's my Personal List: 1. Vlad 2. Bo 3. Pearson 4. Alford 5. Jansen 6. Guerriel 7. Warmoth 8. Borucki 9. Zuech 10. McGuire ... 101. Rowdy Tellez
  24. Very slow for the Jays and pretty much the rest of the league. I think Davis signing might be the first top FA 10 signing. Boring.
  25. Yep. It's pretty frustrating too because the team finally has a good core and ownership is willing to spend. The two rarely converge like this but they are f***ing it up.
×
×
  • Create New...