Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Good baserunning by Smoak.
  2. I don't know if this breaks your diet or not but I put a little bit of unsweetened cream in my coffee and that's it.
  3. Sac fly instead of a homer?
  4. The White Sox can't catch. Let's make them pay.
  5. Solarte can play SS. He can't do it well but he can do it. Did it nearly 30 times last year. If you factor in hitting, defense, baserunning, and whatever else makes up the value of a player, Solarte is the better player at SS. The best player should play, not the best defensive player. I bet you if Solarte played a full season at SS and Gift did as well that Solarte would end up with a positive WAR and Gift would have a negative one. Solarte is probably at least a win better actually. But it's whatever. It's not a decision that will make or break the game I just wish they'd field the best team they could.
  6. I'd love to hear the reasoning.
  7. This is going to be an easy sweep. Vegas has us as a -235 favorite.
  8. Well that's all fine and dandy but every time I order an iced tea up there it tastes like someone dumped half a bag of sugar in it. Up there and in the South are the only places I have to specify that I want unsweet tea.
  9. I would have preferred Solarte to start and then have Gift sub in later in the game.
  10. I ate a protein bar with unsweet iced tea for breakfast. Speaking of tea, what's with you Canadians and your tea being sweet? You all are as bad as southerners when it comes to iced tea.
  11. So Blackmon's deal is a little misleading. The first year involves this year (for which he gets paid 12 million plus a 2 mil signing bonus instead of the 14 mil he signed to avoid arb). So really it's a 3 year, 63 mil deal. With a player option for 21 mil. Then another player option for 10 mil with incentives that could push it up.
  12. Was it communication? I thought he was just upset that he lost a teammate and friend.
  13. He's slightly younger than JD and not as good but it's a pretty close comp. Between Altuve and Blackmon, I think you could derive some sort of number to offer JD. At this point though looks like JD is going to FA and I'd be surprised if he's on the Jays next year and beyond.
  14. Looks like a max commitment of 6 years, $116 M for Blackmon. The final two years are player options. Seems like a decent deal for the Rockies.
  15. Yikes...just took a peek at Orioles Hangout myself. This is what I found: https://streamable.com/kg4uo
  16. Solarte played 200 innings of SS last season and did well according to the metrics. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee but I don't think if he gets 10 games at SS or so this year it will kill the team. Gift will probably put up a negative WAR in the same amount of time.
  17. The White Sox will eek out plenty of wins against good teams this year. Fulmer got a win @ Cleveland last year, for example. Even in the most lopsided of games I would imagine that the lesser team has a 20% or better chance of winning. Thats just the nature of the game. So it's not about overcoming a dreadful hitter in our lineup while playing a bad team, it's about putting forth the best lineup we can. If Solarte were a full time SS he'd probably put up something like 0-1 WAR over the course of the season. Gift would put up a negative number despite being the better defender. Solarte would give us a better chance to win IMO.
  18. Gift is garbage. I might start Solarte at SS anyway and pray the defense doesn't become an issue. If Donaldson had full arm strength I might put him there and Solarte at 3rd.
  19. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blue+jays+schedule
  20. If we did that he'd refuse his assignment and sign with the Royals for the league minimum. Then we'd be on the hook for his final two years. The FO likes him. Might as well keep him around, see if his hitting turns around this month. Maybe he can be a bench bat or something. Having a UT guy like Solarte helps.
  21. Good points. Running a short pen tonight it looks like.
×
×
  • Create New...