Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Ha, Braves just signed Kenley Jansen for 1 year 16 mil. I change my mind. Kenley is definitely cooked and that's a big overpay. Good job to avoid Ross.
  2. I feel ya. The Projections aren't kind to Kenley but his statcast looks nuts. I also think we are entering that territory where the team is so damn good that guys like him actually make sense for us when they wouldn't for an 85-win team.
  3. We need Kenley Jansen. Offer him 1 year 18 mil or 2 years 32 mil and make someone beat that deal.
  4. Pirates are kind of tempting to go the over tbh. The pitching is an absolute disaster but the lineup actually isn’t that bad and their division isn’t very good.
  5. Orioles aren’t that bad but the schedule is scary. They can pile up losses in a hurry in the AL East. I think they went 1-17 against the Rays or something like that?
  6. Corey Dickerson going to log 500 ABs as our primary DH over Kirk.
  7. Lol that bullpen sucks and definitely can be improved upon
  8. 2-3 WAR players are low hanging fruit for Atkins. When he rolls out of bed in the morning he steps on a couple of them. So I'd easily trade 3 or 4 of them for a perennial MVP candidate to finish off this roster.
  9. Oh don't get it twisted! I prefer that 2015 team. It was like a team full of wrestling heels. Fun to root for but I can see why we had some heated rivalries at the time.
  10. Yeah Kris Bryant is going to be just fine lol
  11. Trade for Ramirez, sign Freddie Freeman and go 132-30 on the year. Atkins will go down as a legend. 1. Springer 2. J-Ram (S) 3. Bichette 4. Vlad Jr. 5. Freeman (L) 6. Teoscar 7. Kirk 8. Chapman 9. Gurriel
  12. Keith Law wanted the Jays to just dump McGuire and promote Samad Taylor to protect him from the Rule 5. There's no Rule 5 this year but I think it highlights how little McGuire is worth. I'm sure the Jays are shopping him. Without a taker they might as well keep him to make sure Jansen and Kirk get through spring without injury but once the season starts they might have to just dump him.
  13. Yeah Edwin and Estrada seem like the chillest dudes on the planet. Dickey always seemed like that guy from work who no one has a problem with but he's kind of older and just does his own thing. Might get a beer with him once a year or something.
  14. You're lucky you put this disclaimer in your signature Jim. You would not believe that amount of lawsuits I have lined up to file against you. Now I have to trash them all.
  15. That's nothing to really worry about though! Worst case scenario is we release Reese McGuire. I'd love to get something for him but he's just not that good so the most we'd miss out on is a 35+ prospect or a low leverage reliever. No big deal.
  16. It's unreal how many difficult personalities were on that team. Danny Valencia played 60 games for the team and he was a total douche. Pretty sure his attitude ran himself out of the league at one point. Even the role players like Pillar and Goins had very inflated views of themselves. Aaron Sanchez was always kind of a douche as well and he was on there.
  17. I'd be open to something like that or we could probably just sign Dickerson back for cheap too. I like Kirk as the primary DH and the backup C but getting a left-handed bat for the bench would be a nice cherry on top for the roster.
  18. Seems like everyone, including Atkins himself, is open to adding a left handed bat but at this point it might be best to just dumpster dive at that spot. Kirk can be slotted in as the primary DH and Steamer projects him for 126 wRC+. That's not going to be easy to improve on. Atkins did say he'd be open to adding a lefthanded bat if it was better than the right handed bats we have now (or something to that effect) and I think he's referencing Kirk there. So rather than paying a chunk of change for the Confortos or the Pederson's of the world who don't even improve upon Kirk much anyway, it might be best to just look at bringing back Dickerson for a couple mil. Jed Lowrie or Colin Moran could be had for next to nothing too. Villar could make sense, but he isn't going to be as cheap and he might have some PT concerns after we signed Chapman.
  19. Weird set of moves for the Reds but also a weird set of moves for the Royals. Not sure how much cash is involved in the Minor trade but the Royals will be paying at least 5 Million more for Garrett and Greinke over Minor and Steamer projects them to be half a win worse for it. Minor has a tolerable club option in '23 too. They could have just kept Minor and then used the 5+ million in FA to bring in a serviceable bat or something.
×
×
  • Create New...