Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I like his answer because it's the truth. No matter what you think of Bass, he's one of the last relievers in the pecking order and White needed to be added soon anyway. Bass was supposed to catch the first pitch tonight so they couldn't say that it was 100% a baseball move and Atkins didn't as he admitted that the distraction played a part in this. This settles it.
  2. It seems like the right move. They can't lose White so someone needs to go. None of the other options make as much sense as Bass does. But why wait until now?
  3. Yeah we also acquired a 40FV prospect to Frasso's 40+ grade. The trade has gone completely tits up at this point but even now we've got a long ways to go before we really regret it. Yeah Frasso is pitching very well but 3.5 innings per start of 2.88 xFIP ball in AA for a 24 year old isn't quite as impressive as it seems. For comparison's sake Kloff isn't doing much worse (3.41 xFIP) and he's 22 years old and is averaging over 5 innings per start. But no one gives a crap about him.
  4. Lol this is so stupid it hurts. You people are incapable of discussing this issue without injecting your own personal beliefs into this. Stankyleg and I are merely pointing out the obvious, that the league is made up of shitloads of American southern baseball players who are religious. And one of them just got the axe from the Blue Jays for simply liking a video could become the narrative.
  5. Of course you see it this way. But I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about other Christian players who obviously won't see it the same way that you do.
  6. I don't think they can really spin it this way after just yesterday they announced that he was taking the first pitch tonight. What changed baseball-wise in the past 18 hours? Nothing but Bass did make some more comments.
  7. Are you sure about that? Because Mitch couldn't even get through one inning down in Buffalo.
  8. ROS Bass is the better pitcher easily. He had a rough April but appeared to be turning a corner. 2.38 FIP in May. Meanwhile, White has been pitching like complete ass in AAA. He just doesn't look right. But Bass is old, a FA at the end of the year, and is in the middle of a shitstorm. The team also bungled this by having him take the first pitch which put Bass and the team in a weird spot after Bass' latest comments. White is younger and could have a future with the team if he turns things around. He also has the ability to maybe go multiple innings (idk if he can go one inning right now tbh) which could be in his favor with Bowden Francis being the new #5 SP. They also had to call up White or DFA him and I doubt the team wanted to do the latter after just acquiring him for a guy who is now making Top 100 lists. So it makes some baseball sense as Bass was toward the bottom anyway. But as for the other stuff, I know one side of the political aisle is going to be rejoicing but I don't like the precedent this sets for the team. Disagree with Bass all you want but there's a lot of Christian MLB players in this league and the Jays don't want to become the franchise that is known as being "hostile" to Christian players and families. The rest of MLB might not be happy with this precedent either. Kershaw, Trevor Williams and others have spoken out but there's now a team there that will cut you if you do so. MLB fans are also much more conservative than other sports leagues too. I think Atkins needs to stress that this was largely a baseball move because it kind of was. No way this team cuts him if he was even their 8th inning guy over this.
  9. Reporting myself for politics talk
  10. I'm as conservative as it gets but there's just no need to reply. Just report it and move on. No one gives a f*** what random internet people think about politics on a baseball forum. Doesn't matter if you start it or are merely replying. No one cares. In fact, I think those that do post about politics, even if it's something 90% of everyone agrees with, are less respected around here than those that don't. You could say something very politically milquetoast and popular but the mere fact that you brought up politics in itself is frowned upon.
  11. Maybe we should start a separate Anthony Bass thread. If anyone wants to discuss his situation they can do it there. The rest of us can all ignore it and this thread and others can get back to baseball talk.
  12. Arraez is flirting with .400 in a season where the league average is .247. The year Ted Williams hit .407 the league average was .264. Arraez BA+ is much much higher.
  13. Yeah I agree and I think that’s why they sent him to FL and not Buffalo. Steve Phillips actually had some decent insight on this and he thinks that Manoah gained weight in his upper body through weight training in the offseason. It then tightened his arm action and he’s not getting as much movement on his pitches. I have no idea if this is true but it does seem plausible.
  14. He’s a 155 pound slap hitter
  15. The family is a mixed bag. We like his uncle for his hitting tips but his grandma and her food is another story.
  16. Darin Ruf is batting lead off? These guys suck
  17. I'd take Hunter Brown. Normally I go with the hitter but Buxton's volatility is higher than a 24 year old pitcher's and like Laika said he's probably going to lose OF eligibility. They also don't let him steal as much as he's capable of either. He could get hurt any moment anyway.
  18. Catalanatto's career high in homers was 13. He had a career ISO of .154. Horwitz projects for .127. Good point on AA being so good for lefty power, sometimes I forget that. The power is pretty similar but Cat probably has a slight edge there.
  19. Yeah that seems like a good optimistic comp for him. If he can reach those heights then he's a potential full time player. But that seems to be on the high end of the projections for Horwitz. Catalanatto had a 70 hit tool in his prime. Although I suppose Horwitz could make up for some of that by walking more. Catalanatto had a 7.7% walk rate. Horwitz project for 12.2%.
  20. I picked Bo due to positional value but I wouldn't bury Vlad just yet. He's got a career high launch angle going and his his expected stats are right in line with his 2021 season. I think his numbers are about to explode.
  21. Told you all. Going to kill the Brewers next.
  22. Mitch White is starting tonight for Buffalo.
  23. We are going to win tomorrow to take the series. Berrios will be dealing against his former team. Then we get a day off and it's back home and this funk we are in will be over.
×
×
  • Create New...