Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Hmm could explain the spending spree. I remember when the old Tigers owner was in his late 80s he was spending like crazy to try and win a WS. Wasn't his problem.
  2. Agree on this one. I can see a Manoah trade because he's cheap but the return is going to be someone who carries their own warts. The Cardinals make sense because they seem hellbent on winning which will require 4 starting pitchers that will suck up a ton of money. They also have a plethora of position players that they could move. But I don't see Bassitt or Kikuchi making sense in a trade. Too many middle and backend starters on the market. Hmm it does seem like Atkins is being a little more open and honest with his intentions this year. He usually plays things very close to the vest and there are very few leaks. But I think he kicks the tires on everything as well. This offseason he has to, if we get an expensive LF then we might need a cheaper 3B and vice versa. So he's got to be in contact with all the FAs, both the cheap and expensive, while he also explores multiple trade avenues.
  3. Ehh, not really a "big" offseason IMO.
  4. Jays coming in 4th in the offseason power rankings. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/fangraphs-power-rankings-the-start-of-the-offseason/
  5. We won't get Nutrigrainbar but I agree that Carlson sucks. We could go sign someone for 8 mil that's just as good as him and then keep Manoah and we'd be far better off. I'd be interested in other guys they have though, including Oneil and Edman/Donavan. I think there is something that could be worked out here.
  6. I love how our manager sucks so bad that he needs multiple veteran bench coaches aka babysitters in order to do the job
  7. Yeah I can't think of a team in the league that is less likely to sign him than ours. Maybe the SF Giants. I could see one of the Texas teams or the Rays signing him.
  8. He only has one year of control left so he wouldn't cost much. I'd be all for bringing him to TO. Check out his wikipedia entry: Who wouldn't want this guy?? A bodybuilding piano player whose favorite song to play is O Canada and can squat 600 pounds? Sign me up
  9. You're right to a degree but all teams need pitching so someone will take a flyer on him. The Cardinals REALLY need pitching. 35 year old Miles Mikolas is the staff ace and it doesn't get any better after that. The GM is on record as saying they are going to bring in multiple starting pitchers. Seems like at least 3 but maybe even 4. Not all of them are going to be frontline studs and surely one or two of them will be a Manoah/Clarke Schmidt type.
  10. Yeah Carlson and Oneil are definitely on the block. I seem to remember Edman and Donavan being on the block before. Edman looks like he's the starting SS now though. Donavan might be more movable for them. Aside from Liberatore they have a ton of AAA SP, especially after we traded two of them at the deadline last year. They'd move one of them too I'm sure.
  11. I don't know just go with it
  12. There's nothing more fun than perusing a poorly run team's Roster Resource page and hand selecting trade targets knowing that there's a chance it could happen. I wish that woman was still running the Marlins I had a bunch of Espinal trades lined up this offseason.
  13. Ok so let's fleece the Cardinals again for one of their OF and Edman. Then let's fleece the Mariners again, this time for Suarez. Sign Ohtani or Yomamafat (doesn't matter which) and then print the World Series tickets.
  14. Yeah that's embarrassing. Benetti is pretty good and he is a lifelong ChiSox fan. Losing him to another division and Detroit no less.
  15. Yeah getting one of those two thrown in would be pretty cool. Could be the primary 3B and cover the other infield spots.
  16. Yeah in this FA market there are plenty of arms but very few bats so that makes sense.
  17. Hmmm...it's close to even but that extra year for Manoah matters. I looked at Carlson's splits and even though he's a switch hitter he is much much better against LHP in his career so he can be treated as a right handed bat. I have no clue what to make of either of these players though. Tough call.
  18. Really good stuff in here. SP: -The write up on Yamamoto is good. He's risky as hell but a 7 year deal could payoff big time for a potential ace at age 25. -Kenta Maeda would be a good get at 2 years 22 mil. -Paxton and Severino on one year deals would also work. 3B: -I'd be interested in a 5 year deal for Matt Chapman, particularly if there is a plan in place to get him to pull dat ball. I would not go over the listed price though. -Candelario at 3 years, 45 mil would work. -Tim Anderson on a one year deal to play 3B? OF/DH: -The Jung-Hoo Lee writeup is worth reading. I'd be interested in him on a 4 year deal after reading that. -One of the Soler/Hoskins/Teoscar types makes sense. Too bad they all bat right handed. -Brantley and Joc Pederson would be good fits. Brantley is the better player but he's riskier.
  19. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2024-top-50-mlb-free-agents/ Fangraphs Top 50 list is out
  20. Not surprised, Dean. Also not surprised that you felt compelled to share that like you were proud of it. I recommend all women and children of the board block Dean as well. We have some truly sick and disgusting individuals on this board.
  21. Not that I speak perfect French but yeah you can't win either way there. Contrast that to Italy where if you bust in to a room and yell "Buonasera!" in an American accent they all laugh and smile and yell it back. I do like France though. The rudeness is so brazenly bad that it's almost a positive. Just endless hilarious entertainment when interacting with people there.
  22. You are one depraved individual. All women and children of the board should block gruber92 immediately.
  23. Need to get him out of the OF so they can find more innings for Schwarber out there
  24. What if we traded for Suarez and he hit 50 dingers again.
  25. No, I do indeed think you are a fan of Lantigua. As odd as that may be. His numbers are interesting (nearly everyone in Buffalo's were) but he's a midget and not particularly young. He might have been worth keeping around but we've already got a 40 man roster crunch so I'm not sure who we should boot in favor of him. We've already got some guys on the 40 man who are going to get the boot as we make moves this offseason. As for McCoy, pretty sure he's gone already but he was literally up here to cover SS if necessary when Bo was hurt and we were in the middle of a playoff run. I'm not going to lose sleep over either of them but you do you, Dean.
×
×
  • Create New...