Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,555
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. Tercet is gone. He grew up and left. BTS is generally considered a disappointment these days. Wasted potential. I am the best and funniest poster according to the 2015 Poster Awards. You have two weeks to usurp Grant as comeback poster of the year. Good luck!
  2. yer a bike, truth syrum
  3. It's spelled "per say"
  4. pretty sure he didn't even use a computer
  5. I'd just like to circle back to this post and point out to you that PAUL BEESTON DIDN'T USE EMAIL IN THE YEAR 2015.
  6. Now THIS RIGHT HERE is the type of trivia that I need in my life
  7. Saunders will end up underrated here because we barely saw him in 2015
  8. My #1 is Chris Colabello a.k.a. Earthworm Jim
  9. Could also be Juan Meza. Nay is one guy that I left off. The suspense!
  10. KP also has, hands-down, the best personality on the team. He's the best interview they have and it's not even close.
  11. And as a small factor, Soler is more expensive.
  12. I think the Cubs would accept, unless they already have some big fish on the line for Soler+.
  13. Yeah the system is so weak right now that even with all of Pentecost's problems I can't really see any reasonable argument for dropping him lower than ~7th
  14. FYI - that's just silvergums laying the seeds of future trape
  15. There is much buzz that they will look to trade Soler for a pure CF, allowing them to plop the new guy in RF. Most of the shine is off Soler. He looks like a hacker and a half. Those 60 hit / 65 power dreams don't seem likely anymore. I certainly wouldn't want to move Pillar for him.
  16. Probably had body-wide laser hair removal when he played for LA or maybe he shaves it and puts it on his face
  17. 2016 will be the year of the Borucki I actually had Borucki 9th and Espada 10th
  18. Tell me about Yorman Rodriguez
  19. If one thing is clear it's that Ed Rogers is a bumbling idiot
  20. I can't really argue with most of this. I don't know enough to wade into the conversation and most of what you explain sounds reasonable. We're talking about economics, and business, and big money, and strategic decision making - all of these things are areas of ignorance (and non-interest) for me, which is why I defer to others. My personal opinion on the NHL is that product has gone down the tubes recently.
  21. lol ok I feel no compulsion to respond anymore aside from stating matter of factly that this quoted opinion is stupid.
  22. How did they f*** up a hockey deal exactly? If your argument is that they f***ed it up by demoting Ron MacLean and hiring George Strombolopoulosh, then I 100% agree. Egregious.
  23. Kind of are, actually. They are/were one of the more progressive teams out there when it comes to embracing SABERMETRICS! Of course, some of that is budget influenced, like it is with Oakland, Tampa, Pittsburgh. Comparing front office and management regimes across sports is just beyond pointless. Apples and orange soda. Hockey is decades behind baseball in general. Compare Brendan Shanahan to Mark Shapiro one more time, and I might have to hurt you.
  24. Yeah, definitely. 24 years of front office experience including 15 years as a GM or President. Two (meaningless) "executive of the year" awards. He wasn't cheap.
×
×
  • Create New...