Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Laika

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    38,554
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    90

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Laika

  1. Never forget Toronto had Clement and Schneider at the end of 2023 And chose to die with Biggio and Merrifield instead.
  2. I guess in any case "you are worse than Matt Chapman" can be justified as failing to demonstrate sufficient skill. Should been better than Chatt Mapman, bro.
  3. Ah ok. Then MLBTR is wrong. And that clears it up.
  4. No the point here is that this language "for failure to exhibit sufficient skill or competitive ability" appears to be new in this CBA. Someone thought it mattered. I wonder why.
  5. ARTICLE IX—Termination Pay A. Off-Season A Player who is tendered a Uniform Player’s Contract which is subsequently terminated by a Club during the period between the end of the championship season and the beginning of the next succeeding Spring Training under paragraph 7((2) of the Uniform Player’s Contract for failure to exhibit sufficient skill or competitive ability shall be entitled to receive termination pay from the Club in an amount equal to thirty (30) days’ payment at the rate stipulated in paragraph 2 of (1) his Con tract for the next succeeding championship season, or (2) if he has no contract for the next succeeding championship season, in an amount equal to thirty (30) days’ payment at the rate stipulated in paragraph 2 of the Contract tendered to him by his Club for the next succeeding championship season. ^ that is the provision from the CBA I dunno. sometimes lawyers just push for certain language that appears beneficial to their side of things, without a specific reason. Like, the MLBPA might have wanted this "for failure to exhibit sufficient skill or competitive ability" language added this time through the CBA even if they weren't sure how or if it would ever help. Because it doesn't HURT the players. Does it give a player, arguably, the right to grieve the salary entitlement? Who knows.
  6. That's weird I wonder if they have to make an argument to the commissioner or something
  7. this is weird so they don't save any money? they are just releasing him so he can find a starting role somewhere? at league minimum?
  8. damn heard this on a podcast but Matt Chapman took JD Davis' job back in college too. Bumped him to 1B. this time he bumps him off the Giants...
  9. Uh oh
  10. That's not really good
  11. Gerrit Cole... MRI on his elbow...
  12. Sure but let's not pretend he's anything more than he is Which is something like... a closer prospect or very low probability 100 IP "starter" I don't even know how someone could rank him top 150 with his health track record. Kid will be nearly 27 when he pitches again and has had TJS, shoulder labrum surgery, and hip labrum surgery. He has never stayed healthy at any level of baseball. He threw 93 innings this year and it nearly killed him. Has anyone ever come back from that collection of surgeries?
  13. Green keeps getting blasted despite the stuff ratings being good Hmmmm
  14. They don't adjust rankings at this point in the year I'm sorry this happened to you He's like 10th at best in the Dodgers system now
  15. Yeah they added the note Didn't adjust the rankings Go check the mlbtr article breaking his shoulder surgery news, Detective Danger
  16. No they don't They ranked him 80th end of January and the shoulder surgery news came out Feb 3rd. They don't update rankings yet. Sorry to burst your bubble
  17. Hey buddy After those rankings, Nikki Frasso had shoulder surgery and hip labrum surgery Yes, the soon to be 26 year old who has never thrown 100 innings and couldn't even stay healthy back in college is having more major surgery Shocking, I know.
  18. I expect you to post dumb s*** at me on purpose I just continue to not understand Carlos. Why does he thank everything that is anti Laika? It is just a freedom convoy alliance or something?
  19. I think he can bang Having someone who can pinch hit for KK could be real nice. Also, can slide into 3B and provide a 100 wRC+ or better....
  20. Yeah I was looking at movement data for comparables. It was a coinflip whether they were labeled FF or SI. Some positive comparables from good relievers. Strahm, Chapman, Alvarado, Gregory Soto. Couple bad comps from starters, Ryan Weathers and Matthew Liberatore, but their velo was a tick lower. I was just eyeballing for plus or better velo, IVB or like 14 to 16, and horizontal break or 12 or more
  21. I think there's a chance. Most teams are set everywhere. Budgets are maxed. Davis has meh projections and some teams probably think he's a 1B/DH
  22. I'd take him on the team at his cost. I feel like he fits the team so much better than Espinal... 3B coverage and some pop.
  23. Jays SP depth suddenly not so suspect Francis - looks good White - looks better Tiedemann - is alive Parsons - may be a bit more than a AAA journeyman? Further down, a couple prospects have had positive showings. Rave reviews for Kendrys Rojas. Ryan Jennings bag of pitches looks sick. Chad Dallas showed an MLB breaking ball at least.
×
×
  • Create New...