Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Yep. At least the Phillies got a World Series banner out of it before they turned in to a pumpkin.
  2. I dunno Jonn, I think you're maybe setting the bar a bit too high. Not every player needs to be Kershaw or Trout. Those are A++ players. I'd grade the majority of the players 1/2 a letter grade higher than you did, and several of them (Lind, Dickey and Reyes especially, though I see you sort of awkwardly lumped him with Kawasaki) a full grade higher.
  3. Martimes FTW!!! Woohoo! -
  4. Rockies, Mets and Phillies all won. Phew!
  5. Machado does NOT have a torn ACL "Only" needs 6-8 weeks of rehab and no surgery http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/mri-reveals-orioles-star-manny-machados-leg-injury-not-severe?ymd=20130924&content_id=61605412&vkey=news_mlb
  6. Yep. I could actually see him nabbing the #5 spot next spring ahead of Happ and Rogers.
  7. Yeah, we kind of miss Bautista, Encarnacion and Rasmus when they're all out of the lineup. Juuuuust a little.
  8. Goins offensive failures keep adding up
  9. Nah. Mauer's OBP is too high (.404) and RBIzz too low (47). We're better off with Arencibia. #StopCloggingTheBases
  10. Actually, you know what? Despite how famous Mauer is for his hair, I'll have to admit JP's is even better. So really, the Twins should be happy to trade.
  11. This guy says BS: http://blog.aglamslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/48664-hi-Joe_with_HS.jpg
  12. Yep. I'm more excited for the salary arbitration deadline than I am for these last 6 games.
  13. 7:05pm Blue Jays (T Redmond - R) @ Orioles (C. Tillman - R) Gametime Forecast: 70°F • Clear • 0%PoP 1. Joe Bloe Reyes (S) SS 2. Money Kawasaki (L) DH 3. Brat Lawrie ® 3B 4. Adumn Lind (L) 1B 5. Ruben's sandwich Sierra ® RF 6. Anything Gose (L) CF 7. P. U. Arencibia ® C 8. Tiger Goins (L) 2B 9. Pillar of Society ® LF 1. Brian Roberts (S) 2B 2. Nate McLouth (L) LF 3. Adam Jones ® CF 4. Chris Davis (L) 1B 5. Matt Wieters (S) C 6. Nick Markakis (L) RF 7. J.J. Hardy ® SS 8. Dan Johnson (L) DH 9. Ryan Flaherty (L) 3B
  14. Mm hmmm. And about 1-2% would buy tickets if they brought in a middling national league team.
  15. Right. But being an above average hitter contributes a lot more to runs and wins than being an above average base stealer. Your numbers (and WAR) recognize that.
  16. All true. And this keeps the weighting of each component in mind. For runs +/-, hitting is more important than defense, and both are much more important than base running.
  17. Can find later. I read about it earlier in the season when I wondered about the Bickford pick.
  18. We would lose the second round pick only
  19. Agree re your team "needing" to make the playoffs. That's silly. And I recognize that there is some inherent unfairness in making the award refer to "the most valuable player to his team". It's not a players fault what team he's on (usually). And the term MVP doesn't necessarily have to mean that. But that's what most voting baseball writers think it means and so do I.
  20. And again, this is where "MVP" is vague. There are so many ways of looking at it. We're splitting hairs and I have a headache from it. Peace.
  21. That's where we differ the most in opinion. I think the award should represent the opposite. Whoever is most valuable to his team.
  22. Yes. If I could have either player right now for free to start a team I'd take Trout.
  23. Hahaha, probably not. I just think that when one player on a team is so much better than everyone else on it, WAR might underestimate their contribution. This could obviously apply to Trout too, but his team has so many flaws that losing him might have less of an impact. Am I right or wrong? Don't know, it's impossible to say. Obviously I'm of the opinion that the team around you matters to who you deem "most valuable", and many people don't feel that way. Best player vs most valuable player are subtly different. All that said? I'd take either player in a heartbeat, and probably Trout first, if I was building team from scratch. I just think that on their teams, removing Cabrera from the Tigers is more devastating than removing Trout from the Angels.
×
×
  • Create New...