Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,165
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Right handed 40+ HR power bats don't grow on trees, after all
  2. Yep He's only getting traded if it's for a package including (at least) a high quality MLB starter and a Wil Myers level OF prospect. Otherwise why bother.
  3. Yep Most of us believe that two of the main reasons AA went "all in" last year were: 1) Bautista is going to decline soon and 2) The AL East is weak right now Well, the AL East is not so weak (there's just a different super power) and Bautista may be declining in front of us. (even if not, he's now missing tons of time) Suddenly trading him makes more sense if you can get a mega return, but at the same time our GM might care more about keeping his job and keeping fans happy in the short term
  4. True dat You're right
  5. The Mets themselves aren't all that high on him, according to Baseball America: http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/10/baseball-america-mets-dont-really-consider-cesar-puello-a-prospect.html
  6. How high are you on Puello?? Also, we would only get 1 pitcher in any such deal
  7. The more I think about it the more I think AA might (just might) pull the trigger on a Bautista deal this winter And I'd be fine with it *IF* part 2 of the plan is landing Choo or equivalent The problem is we're more in "win now" mode than the Mets. Not an ideal trade partner.
  8. Bautista for Travis D'Arnaud. LOL
  9. I'm basing it purely on how many good things people have to say about him I guess. FWIW the rest of our infield defense was brutal. Not that Butter would have necessarily been able to help that much given who we were sending out there.
  10. I agree that Farrell taking Butterfield was both one of the smartest things Farrell has done, and also most danaging to the Blue Jays
  11. This is the dumbest Farrell was a pitching coach. Then he left for 2 years. He's been back for less than 12 months. Do you honestly think he's even the least bit responsible for the "development" and on base focus/plate discipline/etc of the Red Sox offense in that time frame? No. That was already there. He inherited a very good team. The FO bought some good veteran free agents who outperformed expectations. He didn't screw up. They had way fewer injuries than the Jays or Yankees. They were able to compensate for the fact that their one young in-house hitting prospect had a crappy year. They pitched well. David Ortiz continues to defy the laws of aging. They won a lot of games. And despite being obviously jealous I'm actually happy for him. It's a good story for 2013, whether we sour Blue Jays fans like it or not.
  12. This is the smartest thing you've said today
  13. LOL I guess I wasted my time responding. Olerud363 made exactly my point in previous posts I guess. At least I agree with him half the time!
  14. Oh, please... The front office deserve 10 times more credit than John Farrell. So does good luck wth key guys like Ells, Pedroia and Pedroia staying healthy. It was just one of those years where everything just went right. Same as AA is more to blame than John Gibbons for this disastrous Jays season Terry Francona could have gotten this Red Sox team to the WS too.
  15. OMG I started seeing this happening while I read it. Then poof! My bubble burst.
  16. The FO getting rid of Beckett and Crawford kind of helped with this too
  17. To give him some credit, he was the first manager to pinch hit for JP Arencibia
  18. Is that how it works? The hat they gave Farrell last year must have had too many slips of paper that said "Cordero" in it.
  19. Target on your head now... How could you?!?!
  20. I emailed a link to this thread to a few friends who are Red Sox fans. Why?? Owning the misery I guess. Wallowing in it. Might as well laugh about it. f***ers.
  21. So, other managers vote on this? I didn't know that. Do most other managers dislike Maddon and Francona? Or do they just think Farrell is really good? If Leyland had announced his retirement from managing sooner, would he have gotten more votes? Whatever. 2014 please.
  22. What happened? The Red Sox got better performances than anyone could have possibly expected from Napoli, Victorino, Uehra, Lester and Bucholtz. Farrell just sort of happened to be there.
  23. John Farrell‘s eyes are on the prize. But when he finally has an opportunity to reflect on the Red Sox’ remarkable 2013 season, he’ll have at least one individual accolade to hang his hat on. Farrell was named the Sporting News’ 2013 American League Manager of the Year, while Pirates skipper Clint Hurdle was named the National League Manager of the Year. Farrell and Hurdle were selected by a panel of 19 major league managers. Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/john-farrell-named-sporting-news-2013-american-league-manager-of-the-year/
×
×
  • Create New...