Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

G-Snarls

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    42,165
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by G-Snarls

  1. Don't be ridiculous. They'd have to include Ike Davis.
  2. This is unbelievable What a s*** s*** s*** game f*** you entire Cardinals team. This is embarrassing.
  3. Should have been an easy double play Botched it completely Call made wrong Umpires fight with Farrell Then fixed the call Umpires fight with Matheny Wow. What a game so far!!!
  4. You can hear one idiot in the stands yelling after every pitch Shut him down
  5. 7:30pm ET Cardinals (A. Wainwright - R) @ Red Sox (J. Lester - L) Game time Forecast: 49°F • Mostly Cloudy • 0%PoP 1. Matt Carpenter (L) 2B 2. Carlos Beltran (S) RF 3. Matt Holliday ® LF 4. Allen Craig ® DH 5. Yadier Molina ® C 6. David Freese ® 3B 7. Matt Adams (L) 1B 8. Shane Robinson ® CF 9. Pete Kozma ® SS 1. Jacoby Ellsbury (L) CF 2. Shane Victorino (S) RF 3. Dustin Pedroia ® 2B 4. David Ortiz (L) DH 5. Mike Napoli ® 1B 6. Jonny Gomes ® LF 7. Xander Bogaerts ® 3B 8. Stephen Drew (L) SS 9. David Ross ® C
  6. Ok! Who's got the GDT? Fatcow is MIA I presume??
  7. The one that got Rasmus and Escobar. So, pre. I hope.
  8. And then he signs with the Yankees for good measure.
  9. Two of them have tickets for game 6 and are hoping to see a clincher that night. I said me too... On a Carlos Beltran game winning double.
  10. History somehow suggests the Red Sox will lose???? Bit of a stretch...
  11. http://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_960w/Boston/2011-2020/2013/10/22/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/davis_texbospre1_spts.jpg
  12. Valentine's comments: http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-10-23/world-series-2013-bobby-valentine-says-he-could-have-done-the-same-thing-with-red-sox http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/10/21/former-manager-bobby-valentine-rooting-for-red-sox-doesn-quite-understand-all-criticism/MCANhR0rbllVFs33PrYi7L/story.html As for the 2013 Red Sox? “I picked them to win the division, the ALDS, the ALCS, and now the World Series,” Valentine said. “I’m rooting them on. The [12] guys left on that team that I managed were all good guys. I enjoyed all of them, so why wouldn’t I root for them?” And his replacement? “He’s obviously done a great job,” Valentine said. “I haven’t heard one negative thing. I haven’t seen anything weird. I really enjoyed watching the two managers in the ALCS. John is this new-wave guy, but when it came to playing Jonny Gomes, he stuck with him because Gomes gave him a better look. I love that. [Tigers manager Jim] Leyland is supposed to be the old-school guy and old-school guys usually leave their pitchers in a long time. Yet he took Max Scherzer out of Game 2 after 108 pitches. So I found it interesting watching that.” Most managers get more than one year to turn around a bad ship, which tells you how bad Red Sox ownership thought Valentine’s tenure was. If Farrell hadn’t been traded to the Red Sox, he would have had another year to turn around a 73-win team in Toronto. It’s a good thing, in more ways than one, that Farrell got the chance to come to the Red Sox, who revamped their team and spent the money they saved in the Dodgers deal almost perfectly. Farrell was able to establish himself, because up until now there were many questions about his ability to do the job. “I’d like to think that if I came back for my second year that, given the changes and improvements, I would have been able to do the same thing,” Valentine said. “Ben did a great job this offseason rebuilding the team. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it before. Usually a team will go after one or two free agents and hope they work out. When you’re signing seven or eight guys and they all work out and blend in together as well as they did, that’s amazing to me. The entire organization should be very proud of what they did. They should take a bow. It was amazing work.”
  13. Me neither I just don't think any Red Sox fans likely wanted to hear from him on the topic
  14. That said, I don't think he likely has any more 8 WAR seasons left in him
×
×
  • Create New...