Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,077
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. The unwavering support for using Hoffman is hilarious.
  2. To eat innings if a starter is pulled early or hurt I would suggest - or perhaps to give us length if we end up in a long extra innings game. People suggesting we're going to put Bassitt in the game during late inning, high leverage situations are fooling themselves. Those 2 could play a pivotal role today as we really don't know what we'll get out of Yesavage.
  3. He does make a point though. Some are acting like Dominguez and Hoffman are Ward and Henke - and they aren't. They both have their flaws. I wonder how much he considered Fisher there.
  4. Wow - great work by Madison Shipman. She probably deserves a raise for suggesting the team needs to score more runs in a 2-1 game. Not much gets past her. Is Hoffman actually one of our top 2 arms? I'm not sure he is. Hoffman has been as awful as Little for months now.
  5. What a time to be alive and see thisan play baseball
  6. Id much rather send Fisher out there in that situation if he truly wanted to give them a different look. That kid has been nails in big situations this year.
  7. Dude - it's extremely likely that Gausman would be awful pitching on 2 days rest. I appreciate his mentality, but he's not that guy.
  8. That is misleading. Little's HR/FB rate this year was only 5.4%. He's a different pitcher this year (12 K/9 v 7 K/9 last year). Doesn't matter.
  9. Yeah - the one thing Little doesn't do is give up bombs. I didn't have much confidence in him, but that's not how I expected it to go down.
  10. Just a brutal decision unfortunately. What's almost hilarious is that I suspect this was a gut decision. I doubt any statistics suggested this was the right decision. Should have listened to the nerds? 😆
  11. I hate to say this, but this reminds me of when we turned around Carlos Santana a few years ago. Mayza. This may become the lasting memory of John Schneider, who, although he's always been much maligned, has been a solid, but not great, manager for a very successful era in Blue Jays history... Brutal. Team can't let that happen. Let's overcome this!
  12. I don't think that's true. I think Dominguez and Hoffman were fully available tonight.
  13. No manager is going to say that. Your expectations are nonsense. Nobody will meet them.
  14. Took it on the chin like a man. Showed good character. Feel awful for him. He's human. So is Schneider. He made great decisions last night and tonight he doesn't. Nobody bats 1000. We've been resilient all year. We need to be again - and we can. What a rollercoaster this series has been. This is the most fun a season has been in several decades for me.
  15. That just isn't true. There's very little to suggest you're able to use Lauer in the 8th inning v. the heart of the lineup. Lauer has been great this year in various roles. They use him in proper situations, but he isn't an 8th inning guy. It was Dominguez man. It's easy.
  16. You're not bringing in Lauer or Bassitt in that situation. That's insane. It should have been Dominguez.
  17. Just awful. Although I'd have picked Dominguez and he's also been balls.
×
×
  • Create New...