Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. - 3rd in AL MVP voting in 2019 - massive defensive improvements over the past 3 years - reportedly due to his awesome work ethic. - can likely play 2nd, SS and 3rd - and provides the ever valuable second SS to protect in the case of injury (no good team starts Espinal at SS) - floor is a 2.5-3 WAR player - ceiling is a 6-7 WAR player - wasn't qualified and thus we don't give up a draft pick - can be qualified by the Jays if he dominates this year Is there anything not to like about this deal? Best I can come up with is he doesn't bat left handed or pitch. Well done by the FO and I'm very happy if they decided to toss him a few extra million if it was necessary to get this deal done. It's a great fit.
  2. Swing and miss guy? He had a 13% K rate in 2019.
  3. like the ex. Cleveland Indians player?
  4. You didn't factor in how stupid Dave Dombrowski is...
  5. I can practically guarantee you people will get sick of his antics no matter how good he is on the field. He'll quickly fall into the Jose, Stro, Lawrie category - teetering on the fence of simply being an intense competitor who isn't afraid to speak his mind or show emotion and that of a complete douchebag, who, at times would be better off just playing the game and shutting his yap. There will always be lots of fans who don't like that type of player (or who get sick of the antics). While I can appreciate their passion and what they bring to the team, I often get stick of how they act and thus they are never amongst my favourite players on the team (Jose, Stro, Lawrie, Kyle Lowry, etc.). But that's OK. Different strokes for different folks.
  6. I agree with those concerns, but I must say I don't miss the 'emotional event' of a base umpire blowing a call. I much prefer getting the call right (even if that hurts my team).
  7. I'm good with that. The art of fooling an umpire is a pretty s***** component of the game anyway. If implemented, it will emphasize the need to call a good game, block the ball well and control the running game. Seems fine to me.
  8. It's pretty sad that nobody gives a f*** what the fans think. I can't imagine MLB would every implement the gimmick in playoff games... Personally, I enjoy the added drama of an extra inning game - even in the regular season. I think it typically wears off by the start of the 12th inning (unless both teams have scored runs or there are lots of action). I'm sure I'll get used to it though.
  9. I like Odorizzi. Seems like the upside is 4+ WAR if the 2019 velo holds and 2019 version of him shows up. The floor looks to be a 2 WAR pitcher.
  10. I suspect we told Yates he was our closer if healthy...tough to lure Hand here as I'm sure he also wants to remain a closer.
  11. Can I be upset they didn't call obvious penalties earlier in the game and then decided to switch it up late in the game to help Tommy Boy? If was so obvious that one ref threw a flag about 15 seconds after the play was over after remembering that Goddell told him everyone wants to see Tom Brady in the finals. yeah - I'm salty.
  12. The jersey stretch was obvious, but so were several other calls during the game that weren't called.
  13. Latest flag ever - f*** me. They didn't call anything all game until they had the perfect opportunity to insert Tom Brady's 3 inch cock directly down their throats. I hate to say it, but I think it'll be Chiefs/Bucs in the finals - a game I won't even bother watching.
  14. This possibility has been discussed at length on the board already. Depending on the cost, it would obviously be a great fit for the team - even with the likelihood that Bryant would leave as a FA next year (we'd collect the pick after offering him a QO).
  15. awww s***. RIP Hank.
  16. Toronto will have an NFL team in exactly 12 years. see how stupid that sounds? I mean will Toronto get an NFL team? I think one day they will yes. Is that a guarantee? no. There's a massive range of potential outcomes based on the information we currently have. I'd estimate it's a better than 50% chance we get an NFL team within the next 20 years.
  17. Reminds me of when Cabbie quit to go work on the Marilyn Denis show. I can't wait to see Sid breakdown the new spring fashion trends.
  18. You seem to talk a lot in absolutes. You should reconsider that approach.
  19. He was dealing with a mental block. Like Altuve getting the yips last year (and being unable to throw the ball to 1st base). Who knows where is his mentally right now, but there's no denying the guy has incredible tools. Massive exit velocity, 70 grade speed and he walks a lot. There's a ton of tools there....but a good chance he never puts it together. He's out of options, but may sneak onto the team as a 5th OFer. It may also hinge on what they decide for ML roster this year. Will they be expanded due to COVID again this year? If so, Fisher may stick and could get another chance if injuries hit.
  20. I think you keep Fisher through Spring Training if you can - just as insurance against a major injury. There are a few arms that will bounce around the 40 man pretty easily.
  21. Yeah I think that's all correct. It was a great day. 2nd year in a row I won't be at STing. I'll miss it. My kids are at a great age to go - we've been touring around to check out all the different stadiums. I want to check out Atlanta's new one in North Port once we're able to travel again. I really do seem myself retiring in Florida or Arizona - and I'd love to be close to a few different STing stadiums. Hopefully take my grandkids to it one day.
  22. Nope. I was there with 2 of my kids and my brother I think. You were there with your (hot) wife if memory serves correct. We had a beer together. I just checked my old messages. It was you.
  23. No need to make that decision now. He can probably be a very good 3rd baseman, but we might leave him in CF as we should expect Springer to slide over to RF in 2024 or 2025 (maybe sooner?)
  24. G-Snarls - did we meet at this game? Christ my memory is awful, but I'm pretty sure I met someone from this board at this Baltimore/Toronto spring training game. It was awesome because they made Bo and Vlad surprise additions to the lineup.
×
×
  • Create New...