Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. He speaks to the primary market, which is 40+ old white guys who love old school baseball and hate anyone who wants to change the game or show emotion. He's f***ing brutal.
  2. Exactly - I can't stand it. I still think we need a dedicated thread just to quote all the f***ing stupid things he says throughout a season. It would be overwhelming to keep up with though.
  3. There's a ton of nostalgia and history with radio broadcasts. I suspect this is a sign of the times though. It saddens me more than it probably should. Guess we'll have to see what it sounds like before getting too upset. I typically just have it on in the background when I'm outside with the kids or doing some yard work. I'll tune in if I'm driving while a game is on too - but it's mostly just background noise, so I suspect it won't make much difference to me.
  4. Really? I can't imagine there isn't capacity at that facility for their AA to train there once spring training is over...
  5. Wow - this is a big change. Does anyone know if other teams do this? So much for muting the TV and listening to the radio to by-pass Buck Martinez.
  6. I think that all makes sense - however, it's a bit sad that it would take minor league baseball from communities who've had it an supported it for all these years. Not sure how it would work if multiple teams play out of one center. Maybe that's more desirable for fans in those select destinations? How cool would it be to retire in Dunedin and be able to choose which team (A, AA, AAA) you go watch each week?
  7. Mark needs to buzz off the hair...it's time bruh.
  8. The training faciality and TD Ballpark are at two different locations right? While looking for that answer, I found this site that has a couple of awesome, longer videos showing all the improvements. https://www.milb.com/dunedin/ballpark/renovations TD Ballpark capacity increased from 5,500 to 8,500 - new air conditioned bar down the right field line, new 360 degree boardwalk around the outfield. This is awesome. I wasn't fully aware of all these improvements. I've been to Dundin a few times, and to many other stadiums in Florida and Dunedin's was always one of, it not clearly the shittiest. This is now reason to make the drive up (2 hrs) to show my kids.
  9. He's such a polarizing player. It would be amazing to see him put the pitching and hitting together for an extended stretch 4-5 years. It would be historic for baseball. But I agree, if the pitching fails again this year, they are probably better off putting him in RF and letting him develop into a 4-5 WAR RFer instead of wasting the talent as a DH/pitcher who doesn't do either very well. Either way - it will probably be fascinating to watch it play out.
  10. I'm so f***ing ready to watch Vlad post a .322 37 118 season.
  11. yeah I see the timeline now - accident at like 7:15 am. Hopefully he wasn't still blitzed.
  12. Someone told me Dwayne Wade tweeted a pic with Tiger earlier today.
  13. Suffered multiple leg injuries and is in surgery now. This is awful.
  14. Tiger was in a major car accident today. Needed the Jaws of Life to remove him. https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-crash-golf-tournament/ https://www.tsn.ca/tiger-woods-involved-in-serious-car-accident-1.1597753
  15. Albert Pujols' wife, Deidre Pujols, wrote on Instagram Monday that "today is the first day of the last season of one of the most remarkable careers in sports!" The obvious indication here would be that Pujols is planning to retire at the conclusion of the 2021 campaign, and he did add a few heart emojis under his wife's post before telling USA Today's Bob Nightengale that he has yet to make a decision. This is indeed the final year of the 10-year, $240 million free agent contract that Pujols signed with the Angels back in December 2011, following a ridiculous 11-year run in St. Louis that included two World Series titles. The veteran slugger is currently sitting on 3,236 hits, 662 home runs, and 2,100 RBI, to go along with a lifetime .299/.377/.546 batting line. He'll be a first-ballot Hall of Famer when the time comes. --------------------------------------------------------- This isn't surprising, but I must say it will be bittersweet to see this legend retire from the game. I still remember his rookie season when he took the league (and every fantasy league) by storm out of nowhere and never looked back. The guy was an absolute beast and a fantastic ambassador for the game of baseball. It's been so difficult watching him the past couple of seasons - but I still have the utmost respect for him and will continue cheering him on as he finishes up his career.
  16. I can't imagine JO will sign for less than Walker. I could see us offering like a 1 year $17.5M deal or something to entice him to settle on a 1 year deal. Otherwise, I'm fine with giving him a 2 year $25M with some incentives (and hopefully a club option for year 3).
  17. Semien (probably) "f*** me - this team actually has support staff, free soda in the clubhouse and the dugout doesn't smell like sewage - I love it here"
  18. Curious why Correa would be your first choice. You think he'll be the best value?
  19. Yeah I don't personally see the big arm lag that people suggest may lead to arm injuries or push him into the pen.
  20. Easy there Greta - I was just quoting Gibby as that was exactly something I'd have expected him to say whilst shoveling snow in Texas.
  21. yeah - that's not how it would play out at all...
  22. Global warming my ass - classic Gibby. f*** I love this guy.
  23. Powell has been fantastic this year. It's really a shame that if we want to keep him, we'll end up with about 80% of our payroll locked up in FVV, OG, Powell and Siakam - leaving us no room for any impact player (either at C or SG). I have grown to love all 4 of those players and while I think we can win a lot of game with that core, I don't think that core wins playoff rounds and thus I think ultimately, something will have to give.
  24. Will be if his arm falls off. For someone who's thrown like 50 innings combined in the last 3 years - you can see why he'd want that included as an option.
×
×
  • Create New...