Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I think Kershaw's 2013-2016 is as impressive - except he didn't throw 300+ innings a year.
  2. Tommy Milone walking around like
  3. I vote yes - the guy is a f***ing stud.
  4. I'm also high on Hatch. Very smooth delivery.
  5. Nick Markakis is retiring. We've talked a few times here about his pursuit for 3,000 hits and what that would mean, but he evidently won't get there. Solid career for Nick. Another 'makes me feel old' moment as I remember when he first came up and had a ton of early success. Such a pure hitter.
  6. I agree and think this is what will happen. Jansen isn't good enough to garner 75% of the starts now that we have another legit option.
  7. Charles and Shaq want to see more post play? Shocker. Uptempo, 'small ball' with a priority on athleticism, versatility and skill made the NBA great IMO.
  8. Pick offs and step offs blow and I do think making it easier to steal would add excitement to the game. A slo pitch 1st base would be cringeworthy, but it totally makes sense and we'd all get used to it. Eliminates injuries and the stupid setup how you have to run in the baseline and then cross over at the last second. I'm not a fan of limiting where fielders stand - but whatever, I could probably get on board with it too.
  9. you may find a change in approach now that we're a legit contender.
  10. Perhaps, but I believe ratings and popularity of basketball is through the roof....so they probably don't seem to need to solve that problem you believe exists (or may exist).
  11. There's a likelihood that Kirk is a much better hitter than Grichuk.
  12. First time I've heard a serious complaint about the new NBA game. I like it. Up tempo and exciting.
  13. Well there it is. They won the cat and mouse game and keep both of those s***** pitchers.
  14. Unusual that they will just letter rip with full capacity for opening day and then scale back...
  15. Yates is scheduled to pitch tomorrow. That's good news.
  16. That's good news on Moreno as someone posted a video of him a few months ago and his arm looked below average IIRC.
  17. Not sure I'd go that far - but there's a good chance he's an anchor in our rotation this year if the BB/9 is <4.
  18. If Ray's BB/9 is below 4, he'll give us 3+ WAR
  19. I mean the results were really good. 2.9, 5.1, 2.9 and 4.5 WAR in the previous 4 years, plus 1.8 WAR in 96 innings the year he was dealt. He was the 9th most valuable pitcher in baseball in 2018. He was 29 when dealt with 2.5 years left at like $10M a season. Don't bring up wins and ERA please. The shine also wore off because he needed thoracic outlet surgery, which he tried to pitch thru in 2019. TB is good - but I don't think they're good enough to trade aces pitchers right before they need major, career altering surgery (maybe we'll find out with Snell!).
  20. People forget how split most were on this deal at the time. Archer was a stud with lots of control at a dirt cheap price and the shine was off Glasnow and Meadows as prospects. Baz looks dirty.
  21. I think they tried to slip him through waivers...he didn't clear, so now they are going to try and sneak Wags through.
  22. such a smooth delivery.
  23. Is Braden Olthoff draft eligible? Dirty stuff.
  24. I think a lot of us look at his 44 MLB games in 2018 and 2019 and compare it to his minor league numbers and suggest it's a mirage. The larger sample size says his bat is well below league average.
  25. Running out a quality lineup today. When is the next televised game?
×
×
  • Create New...