Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,074
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. She got called up to the majors late last year. It makes sense that she's statistically one of the worst umpires in baseball. If she wasn't, she would have been in the majors much earlier. The stats actually support that she neither was being held down because she's a female, nor called up as a "token" move. If she was a man, you wouldn't even notice. There will always be fringe umpires that are in the bottom 10. Don't be a sexist POS. Your posts are bad enough.
  2. I must say Ive enjoyed Ben Shulman and Maddison Shipman broadcasting these games in SD. I had to look it up, but Maddison is one of the few women to provide colour commentary during an MLB game (there have been some in the NBA) I know Sunday Night Baseball used Jessica Mendoza, but I think she's the 3rd person in the booth? I was just reading a bunch of derogatory comments about the pride parade in Collingwood this weekend. So much hate. I suspect the same crowd hates that Shipman is calling games.
  3. Looks like we took a lot of college seniors? Need the $$$ to sign Brick I guess. Anyone have any info on any of these draft picks?
  4. Marc Nolan (@cheapseats73) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 145 likes, 5 comments - cheapseats73 on July 11, 2026: "#Bluejays are one of my big winners on day 1 of the #mlbdraft...
  5. We have hit several balls hard that have found gloves tonight. Brutal, but promising.
  6. My god is it nice to see Vlad hitting a pull side home run. Let's go!
  7. That's great to hear. I love your insight! Can I ask where you've been? Hope all is ok.
  8. Ryan Cooney - college 2nd baseman in the 3rd (ranked 137, taken 103) and then Will Brick in the 4th (ranked 46, taken 131). Brick is the top HS catcher in the draft. Nicely done.
  9. Cool story. Canadian boy who played for the Savannah Bananas one summer before being drafted. Having a legit season and is now going to the All-Star Game. How can you not be romantic about baseball?
  10. I think some nostalgia kicked in when we found out Buck was sick, we worried and knew he may not call games much longer. It did for me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But Buck was pretty awful as he aged. The game passed him by. He was so disgruntled about the changes within the game. He's a legend still. I still think Dan is great. Could be a little less monotone.
  11. You come on here, make bizarre statements (based on little to no evidence), get called out for it, then get angry and call people "woke". That's 100% what's wrong with society in a nutshell. Nice crash out man
  12. I'm excited to learn we traded Tommy Nance for future Joe Mauer.
  13. Springer has been our 2nd best hitter since June 1st (117 wRC+) and has the highest OBP (.343). Only Okamoto (142 wRC+) has been better. Ernie's had a 94 wRC+ over the same span for reference.
  14. Cards extend JJ Wetherholt - 8 years $112.5M Kid has been incredible for them.
  15. 8th round pick last year. Has a 138 wRC+ in A ball this year, just moved up to A+ at age 21. Listed as a C/3rd
  16. Seems like it. As I understand it, Harper was hired (through the Cameo website) by a FanDuel VIP Manager to create a video for Terry Thompson, who's a FanDuel VIP client who's spent millions of dollars on the platform. Terry Thompson is a gambling addict and is suing FanDuel - claiming they encouraged him to keep betting. While in poor taste, I think it's reasonable to think Bryce Harper doesn't know who Terry Thompson is, or that he's wagered and lost millions on FanDuels. He was hired by FanDuels through Cameo to make a custom video for Terry and he did was he was asked to do. Should Harper have paused and asked some more questions before making the video? Maybe. This seems no different than every casino on earth who goes out of their way to spoil, provide perks and make their VIP customers feel good about themselves. It's a really sh*tty business and way to make your money IMO.
  17. Get It Done League (@getitdoneleague) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 1,660 likes, 31 comments - getitdoneleague on July 4, 2026: "Who else thinks Munenori Kawasaki needs to... That's awesome. Legend of Kawa
  18. I agree with this. Given the recent direction and investment in the team, I fully expect Rogers wants the Jays to be competitive down the stretch and ideally make the playoffs. There is obvious potential for this to fail and set us back a bit (by losing FA's for nothing), but really, outside of Gausman, I'm not sure our pending FA's are going to fetch much on the trade market. Varsho could, as could someone like Hoffman, Rogers or Clement - but I suspect that risk is worth the potential reward of filling the dome and/or making the playoffs - and once we're in - anything can happen. It helps that we're willing to spend like the big boys these days (although a new CBA may change how much power we retain on that front).
  19. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Dagf_nRiSI5/?igsh=NGFqODY4dDY1eDht That is awesome. Must listen. JD and Gibby tell the Tom Ford cologne story. Unreal.
  20. Yeah that's certainly true. Teams now understand just how valuable Top 100 prospects are. I think there's a possibility we move Hoffman and/or Rogers too, as those bullpen arms are just so valuable at the deadline.
×
×
  • Create New...