Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Hey Olerud63, good idea but could I get a little formatting?
  2. Yeah and while I'm at it why should we be ashamed of ourselves? lol
  3. Where the Mets are in the standings is irrelevant.
  4. s*** that would be a lot of fun for a bachelor party. Just have everyone throw in an extra 150 bucks one night.
  5. You know what's funny is that Bonafacio at 2B this year is rated at 0.0 by UZR and +6 by DRS. I never would have thought that. His play in CF and RF is what has dragged his defensive metrics down.
  6. Heck in the 3 seasons from '10-'12 he had a cumulative OBP of .345. With his baserunning that's not a bad offensive player. This year he has been s***. Of course we all expected him to be better.
  7. I don't agree with you here but defensible points. Cheers.
  8. I agree, but that ignores his continued injury history (dealing with the dreaded "forearm tightness" right now) and age. If he's cheap I'd be interested but the number would have to be low. So low that a team with a more pitcher-friendly ballpark in an easier division would probably be able to make a more attractive offer.
  9. Ladies and gentlemen, I present Exhibit A as evidence for "insufferable sour pusses." lol
  10. 1- A lot of writers/bloggers don't pay attention to their comments section a whole lot. The article/blog post is the money maker and the truth is, he doesn't give a s*** about what a couple of comments say. A lot of your criticism focuses on the comments section. It'd be kind of cool to find a writer who put a big emphasis on that but most seem to focus on the actual column/blog post itself. 2- He didn't act like a jackass to contrary viewpoints two years ago? He most def did, he just did it to people the board also disagreed with so no one made a big fuss about it.
  11. How can you be sure of this? He's an injury-prone starter entering his 30's.
  12. Lol, if Stoeten seems like he is permanently depressed and in a state of hate what do you think of this board? Because in comparison to this board, Stoeten seems like the eternal optimist.
  13. In the comments section he's supposed to take on all criticism? I can't think of any writers who bother with that. He's written plenty on last offseason and continues to do so, he doesn't need to reply to the knights of this board just because you demand it. It's not really fair to judge a blogger for his replies in the comments section rather than the actual blog itself. And if his work is really that bad then why did everyone love him just a couple of seasons ago? It's because the board used to agree with him and now they don't.
  14. Couldn't it have been miscommunication, change in circumstances, etc.? Doesn't necessarily have to be a lie.
  15. This could effectively end his season at which point offering him the QO doesn't seem like a very strong option.
  16. If Stoeten was banging on the Fire AA drum he'd be a board hero. But instead he calls this board out for being a big circlejerk (and it is) and offers a differing opinion and he's hated just a couple of seasons after being quite popular. Am I wrong? Judge a writer/blogger for their work, not whether you agree with it or not.
  17. ITT: A bunch of butt hurt posters who hate someone because he disagrees with them.
  18. Well I think you're kind of putting words in to the mouth's of those who want to keep him at SS with point b. No one is saying they want to keep him at SS for a "few more years", just that moving him to 2B as soon as next season isn't the right move.
  19. Ah I see, there was no reference to the dates. Didn't realize you were excluding this year's numbers.
  20. I disagree that he has to get worse. At times, you can see him babying his ankle out there. If that improves his defense could rebound with it. These metrics you're quoting are only 48 games too which is a highly unreliable amount when talking defensive metrics. The past 4 seasons prior to this one he was a -3 to -5 SS and I think he can definitely get back to that level next year. Matter of fact, I think it's more likely to see him in that range than the -10 or worse you are predicting.
  21. I wouldn't move him either. Also, you can see his ankle injury visibility affecting him out there. I'm hoping that is the main reason his defense has slipped and by next year it will be much improved and his defense will bounce back to the 0 to -3 range. That said, these defensive metrics based upon 48 games are very sketchy anyway.
  22. The team claiming DeRosa was under .500? Weird. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/blue-jays-mark-derosa-claimed-off-waivers.html
  23. IF that's the case, then I'd agree. Having a replacement level 25th man won't kill the team, especially if his bat is decent enough for some pinch hitting duties (which it has been this year). If he's giving us veteran presents on top of that, well maybe he is worth keeping around. That said, there is no way to quantify what effect he has on the clubhouse. Gibbons, AA, etc. are in better positions to make the call but even then I don't think they can really put a value on what those veteran presents mean to the team. Also, and this is the cruz of the problem IMO, it looks like another replacement level infielder is going to be on the team next year in Maicer Izturis who also plays the same positions in 2B and 3B. How many replacement level 2B/3B types do we really need? I say we let him go to the claiming team and use his spot on a more talented player, even if it means we won't be receiving as many veteran presents next year.
  24. Hey a Ruben Amaro move I actually don't mind....
×
×
  • Create New...