Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I'd consider a 2 or 3 year deal for Gomez depending on the AAV. 31, 32 and 33 year old seasons - he should be able to hang on to decent baserunning and defense.
  2. Pompey is a total wild card right now. He could be a 2 WAR player or he could be replacement level. We don't really know and it's not really worth the gamble IMO. He can be the 5th OF in AAA, we need depth anyway.
  3. I would consider it on a team friendly deal to play LF. I think he'll be able to convince a team in to giving him more than what I'm willing to pay though.
  4. I actually don't hate the idea but someone will pay him like he's a top notch player because of the homers when in reality he's a mediocre player despite hitting 47 homers due to low OBP, poor defense (although at 1B he's not as bad), etc.
  5. I sure as hell would.
  6. Has Bautista officially decline yet?
  7. I love his versatility an ability to provide 3-WAR play at SS and 2B should Tulo or Travis get hurt. The problem is that his main position would be LF and he doesn't have the greatest bat there. He also costs a draft pick.
  8. The douchiness is a double edged sword IMO; it's not all bad. It gave us the bat flip and the subsequent Rangers sweep- that storyline might be the best thing the Jays have had since winning the 93 WS. It also produced all those run-ins with the Orioles. Who almost gets beaned and then in the same AB hits a dinger and tells the other team to kiss his ass as he rounds the bases? He did that multiple times too. That might not ever happen again. I'll miss him.
  9. I'd rather just sign Matt Joyce than give up assets to pay Bruce 13 million next year.
  10. I would go 3 for 15 or 2 for 13.
  11. Before 2014 Morales was the last to sign and he didn't do so until mid season. Now he's basically first. I'm sure the two are related.
  12. I almost like each transaction getting its own thread. Maybe if it's just rumors they can go in the AB thread?
  13. I think this FO also values the theory that a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. Especially when you've got a lot of holes to fill. You wait around for better options or even the perfect option and sometimes they can all dry up. Last year they struck early by signing Happ.
  14. Small sample sizes
  15. Clearly he's a slap hitter at SkyDome then. Should we cut his home run projections in half?
  16. Why? Add some analysis if you can.
  17. Seems like Shapiro likes to strike early in FA. Happ was one of the first signing's last year too wasn't he?
  18. I don't think I like this signing. Can anyone talk me in to it? Or are well pretty much meh on it?
  19. Kaufmann Field suppresses home runs a lot. It's perennially near the bottom. RC is usually up toward the top. Morales can probably expect about 10% more home runs or so based upon park factor alone? (I'm just eyeballing park factors don't take it to the bank.)
  20. Yeah the market could be more out of whack than what we realize.
  21. I don't know about this one. With the way contracts are turning out 11 mil isn't a big deal but the 3 years for a 33 year isn't my favorite.
  22. 2014 was that weird year where he sat out half the season and all that. Maybe that affected him.
  23. It's kind of tough to put a WAR value on a DH.
  24. I don't mind the AAV but 3 years is too much IMO.
×
×
  • Create New...