Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. That's probably about right. I'd consider him at that but would take him in a second at 4/80.
  2. Well what do you think he'll get? If someone signs him for 5 years or more and pays him like he's a 140 wRC+ hitter then he's probably not worth it. But if they come in at 3 or 4 years for 110-120 wRC+ of production then I think there could be some surplus value to be had. His career batted ball profile isn't all that different from Ichiro's as they have about the same GB rates and Ichiro often tries to slap the ball in to the ground. That's a pretty insane approach for a big 1B with a lot of raw pop. If you could correct that, future years could become even higher than this year's stats. In some ways he's like a star player version of Justin Smoak with an even easier to identify-and-correct flaw to his game. Everyone under the sun is on board with the flyball revolution. It shouldn't be too hard to get Hosmer to buy in to it too. EDIT: I'll go ahead and make a bold suggestion and state that he should showcase himself as an OF which would move him up the defensive spectrum. He's got good speed and a good arm, I bet he could handle a corner spot. Jays should sign him as a 1B/OF and work on his approach. He'd anchor the middle of the lineup for the next 4 years.
  3. That's a pretty terrible slate.
  4. So who are the interleague away games? Seems like the Mets and the Phillies?
  5. I think having Teoscar starting in RF would be fine. He should provide solid defense and baserunning and he's got 20 homers across all his levels this year. I think he's probably good enough. He can also serve as the backup CF which would allow the team to carry Zeke as the 4th OF. Alford and Urena should be in AAA though to start.
  6. He's young for a FA and despite his ridiculous approach at the plate he is still a good hitter. If whoever signed him could correct his approach they could be getting a star player.
  7. He's got a ton of talent but he pounds the ball in to the ground (53% career GB %). If he'd get on board with the rest of this flyball revolution he could become a great hitter.
  8. "I mean, it's baseball, man." "We're here to play baseball games," Pedroia said. "We've got a 3½ game lead in our division. Other than that, nobody gives a s---. We're trying to win baseball games." He sounds like he's not a very smart person.
  9. Well I was hoping that the comp for Vlad being God and me saying "I'd probably take that" would be a give away that I was joking. Of course I'd take Bo Bichette being as good as a former MVP and multi-time All-Star.
  10. My projection for Bo is a little higher but I would probably take that.
  11. He's a year older which is a big deal and keeps him from being considered as good of a prospect. Still had a very impressive season though.
  12. I'm sure they will get fined at least and will lose a pick or something one would hope.
  13. Lol they admit to it and then point the finger at the Yankees.
  14. I would start them in AA as well. Do they get Spring Training Invites?
  15. Where do Bo and Vlad Jr. start next season? A+ or AA?
  16. Yeah the hit tool was for sure an 80 and I think the power was too but that's why I said 80. I've read that book before, it's really good and really simplifies things.
  17. Looks like it to me. Ted Williams maybe too. His K-rate was a lot lower than Ruth's but SLG was similar.
  18. Tony Gwynn with a .338 career BA and a 4.2% K percentage would have to be an 80 hit tool. Boggs isn't a whole lot worse than that either.
  19. Too late. I let my hype get out of control.
  20. Lmao nice find
  21. MLB.com: We've seen teams essentially rebuild their farm systems -- or at least the upper echelons of their farm systems -- with one or two big trades. Josh Donaldson is going to be a popular topic for the next year; he has a year left on his contract. When you have a guy like that who is approaching his final year before free agency, do you have to consider all options going into this winter and next season? Shapiro: You walk through all alternatives at every decision-making juncture. In this situation, the desire to win and to continue to give a relatively new fan base -- because a lot of fans that are coming are new fans -- a reason to cheer and to come to the ballpark is probably more important than just maybe pushing the express button on how to regenerate and reinvigorate the farm system. We've tried to balance that by understanding and doing a lot of that work at the lower levels. The next juncture to look at that will be the offseason. The next juncture after that will be the Trade Deadline. When we think that we no longer have the opportunity to build a contending team, whoever is there, we're going to have to consider, do we trade those guys? Not JD specifically, but whoever it is, we'll have to consider can we do things that help us when we're able to be a contender again?
  22. I have a friend who swears he was ripping it up in his adult league and swears he could hit .250 in the big leagues if he quit and practiced every day. I tried telling him how stupid that was but he is convinced.
  23. He can pinch hit and play 1B. And when he DH's Pearce can play the OF. Maybe they could do some sort of platoon where Pearce plays LF against lefties and Morales DH's against them. It's not ideal but he's a negative WAR player at this point on a fat deal. Better he provides negative WAR in a smaller role than to trot him out there for a full season.
×
×
  • Create New...