Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah the AAV isn't bad at all.
  2. Angels sign Zack Cozart to a 3 year deal to play 3B. That should be some good IF defense over on the left side. They are looking like a solid WC contender to me.
  3. I tend to agree but to get him to come to TO that's probably what it takes. So I think we probably pass.
  4. Ok now I'm actually worried. You alright?
  5. NJH hitting the egg nog hard tonight!
  6. After discussing this some I might pass on Cain. For the same amount of money we could probably get Nunez or Kendrick AND Dyson and have some money left over for a starting pitcher.
  7. It's easy to criticize them but the whole league knows they HAVE to sell so they are probably getting tons of lowball offers. Stanton had them by the balls with his NTC too. The only real leverage they have right now is to play one team's offer off another and that doesn't always get you far.
  8. Good questions. I did some stat scouting and it looks like he pulled the ball more last year and hit more flyballs as well.
  9. That would be one of the worst trades I've ever seen.
  10. If we kept Pillar I was assuming Cain would play RF but you might be right in that he could sign only on the condition that he plays CF.
  11. I posted this in the other thread: Cain is a really good player. Might be the top position player on the market but for whatever reason his skillset commands a lot less than the other top free agents. If he'd take something like 4 for 70 I think we could get surplus value out of that. Not sure what we would do with Pillar in that scenario. We could keep him and have fantastic OF defense or we could move him.
  12. Cain is a really good player. Might be the top position player on the market but for whatever reason his skillset commands a lot less than the other top free agents. If he'd take something like 4 for 70 I think we could get surplus value out of that. Not sure what we would do with Pillar in that scenario. We could keep him and have fantastic OF defense or we could move him.
  13. I'm leaning this way unless someone backs the truck up for him. The vibe I'm getting is that isn't happening though.
  14. We aren't dead broke. If we are going to tread water we should at least address some of our other needs with 1 or two year deals.
  15. Howie Kendrick would make sense too.
  16. I think they look like the 2nd WC team to me right now.
  17. Wait a second. This is your plan? -Trade JD to a division and WC rival (okay not ideal but shouldn't be a dealbreaker) -Take back a s*** contract (uhh...) -Take "whatever" prospects this gets us ...
  18. We could take on Martin Prado's contract as a LF/3B/2B in order to lessen what we'd have to give up to get Yelich.
  19. But what does it matter when he plays his 50 games? If Travis plays his 50 games at the beginning of the year or his 50 games in the middle or at the end of the year we still need 110 games to fill. That's what Orgfiller means, I think. That is why they are looking to spend a decent chunk of change on someone who can fill in.
  20. I don't think they are doing a bad job but they have made mistakes. AA left them with a good but old team that had a 1 year window of contention.They capitalized on that one year but almost no matter what they did last was that core team good enough to get them to the playoffs. Thank god they realized that and didn't saddle the team with a bunch of bad contracts. I think the plan right now is to try and remain competitive without hurting the future. Let Martin and Tulo's contracts fall off the books without adding anything too significant. When Vlad Jr. and Bo are up we might see them be more aggressive. Focus on drafting and player development.
  21. I see well that makes more sense then. Surprised they were valued as high as they were then. EDIT: Doesn't Mark Cuban want an MLB team?
  22. Why did MLB allow these Marlins owners to buy the franchise? Seems like they don't have the money to operate the team, let alone afford the payroll to field a decent team. Surely someone else would have been better.
  23. Todd did nothing wrong. He's a unique personality and I get a kick out of his top 180 prospect lists (he might as well just rank everybody who is rostered by an affiliate at that point). We should be nicer to him.
  24. He'd be a good get. A 2 year deal would be fantastic. Might take 3 to get him though.
  25. I would like to change my vote for worst poster to SirBJay.
×
×
  • Create New...