Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Haven't been listening much but I'm halfway through Episode 5 and the show is great. You guys all have pretty good voices and know your s***.
  2. I knew he was having a bad year but I just checked and he has a -3 WAR. He's got 4 years and 92 million left on his deal after this year too.
  3. Even his minor league stats are fun. NEVER walks but almost never strikes out either.
  4. He's a Scott Boras client too. If he somehow returns to 2016 form he's going to cost a ton to retain.
  5. Do you think he'll regain value if he continues to start? He looks cooked to me as a starter but maybe he could be effective as a late inning reliever again- that was my line of thinking moreso than me worrying about who our 5th starter in a non-compete year will be. But I do get what you're saying, if he starts again and succeeds he'd be worth a lot more. But I don't think he's the same pitcher. Velo is lower and he uses his changeup now A LOT (never used to use it much at all) and his curveball not very much. Not sure that combination is going to allow him to achieve 2016 results.
  6. Under control through 2020 so by the time we contend he's probably gone. He kind of sucks now too. Should we move him to the bullpen? Maybe trade him? Would anyone even want him? I think I'd just try and trade him to a team who wants to continue to his him as a starter. If a team gave up a Top 10 prospect I'd take it in a second but I'd consider pieces short of that as well. Failing that I might try him out in the bullpen and hope he's shows something there before moving him at the deadline.
  7. I really hope ownership is committed to seeing Shapiro's vision through. It sounds like they are but the team has sucked two years in a row and is going to suck for the next two as well. With our dumbass casual fanbase starting to bark already I hope Shapiro is given enough rope. The struggles right now are AA's fault not Shapiro's.
  8. I'm just spitballing but if we put actual numbers to it I see what you are saying. So an above average regular would be what, 2.5 WAR? What would a star be? I think he's probably like a 50% probability to be a 1.5 to 2 WAR player. He hits the ball hard and showed massive amounts of improvement from year 1 to year 2. I think he can improve even more.
  9. I think I saw one where Shapiro said everyone at the office was laughing at Law's rankings. Did anyone else see that?
  10. No Farrell or Girardi. I see Wedge gets a lot of hate, is there a particular reason? Can't say I watched a lot of M's or Indians games when he was managing.
  11. This team is going to suck next year but I'm ok with it. No expectations and there will be tons of young guys to watch. Should be a fun year even though we won't be very good.
  12. Losing Gibby sucks. I hope he gets another job.
  13. This past offseason was an awful market for corner infielders too. Hard to imagine a team giving up a whole lot and then paying him 20+ million when they could have just signed Moose for basically free.
  14. I think you're accurately describing his most likely scenario but you aren't giving enough credit to his realistic ceiling, which IMO could be a solid to above average regular.
  15. There isn't much info on this guy. The peripherals do look good. Why is he so old though without having ever made an MLB appearance?
  16. I'll give you the plate discipline but he hits the ball pretty damn hard. His average exit velocity and hard hit % are much better than league average. Too early to say on the defense but he's probably not going to be great there.
  17. Why would you want him? He looks like trash. I'd rather wait for the QO.
  18. I was in the QO camp but if the Indians and Cardinals are going to be making solid bids against one another and we pay the remainder of his salary it might not be so bad of an idea to move him now. Holding my judgement until we see the return.
  19. Yeah is there some sort of "filing fee" or something? I agree with you in that it seems like way too many guys clear waivers. If I were a GM I'd be pretty damn aggressive in claiming players who were providing decent surplus value. Surely there's something preventing teams from doing that.
  20. A's could be a player for Estrada too.
  21. Completely agree. All media types seem to think it's a tough question or that he should be gone. I don't get it. You can't go wrong on a 1 year deal for a guy like him.
  22. Bo Bichette rules. You guys are on crack.
  23. Woops. Lol I was copying and pasting multiple s*** and ended up with that abortion of a sentence. I'll just leave it though.
  24. Fangraphs write up on Cal Stevensen from Fangraphs. https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/daily-prospect-notes-8-29-2018/
  25. Yet again some top notch analysis from Sheryl Ring of the Fangraphs. "How LeBron James’ Tattoos Could Affect Baseball" https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/how-lebron-james-tattoos-could-affect-baseball/
×
×
  • Create New...