Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. He'll debut this year in September. His defense will suck ass and they'll use that to justify his service time manipulation next year.
  2. Tercet reminds me of that guy that used to irrationally hate Dustin McGowan and would constantly post about him for months on end.
  3. When the Jays acquired him the scouting reports I read were that he was a passable CF and a good corner OF. Turns out he's a bad LF which really tanks his value a lot. He was also supposed to be a stolen base threat. He's been clocked as our fastest player but his minor league steals aren't translating to MLB. That said, even though he's 25 he barely just passed 500 big league ABs so he could still make some adjustments and improve with the bat, his glove and even his base running. I think at this point the floor is a platoon LF (perhaps with McKinney making up the other half?) and the ceiling is a 3 WAR player if he can make some improvements.
  4. Man, Logan Warmoth has been BAD. Is he hurt or something? He has 9 extra base hits in over 200 plate appearances this year. His ISO is .066 and he's slugging .298.
  5. Most of the bluecheck people on twitter are saying the Jays got a good deal.
  6. Yeah as Travis keeps going through Arb he could become a non-tender candidate soon.
  7. The trackman profile is what I was talking about. What is that and why is Drury impressing with it?
  8. I saw a couple of people mention Drury's batted ball profile. I can't remember the term used to track it but can anyone expand on that a little bit?
  9. Yeah I'm pretty much the same. I said Drury sucks but I didn't really mean it. He's alright I just wanted a different package.
  10. What do you think of the deal? You've been kind of quiet about it.
  11. With Drury on board let's trade Solarte next.
  12. Yeah they have too much dead weight from the previous regime. Despite my thoughts about this deal I do really like Shatkins and I hope they stick around for a long time. I hope ownership agrees.
  13. So Drury should have 4 years of control left after his demotion right? He's probably a Super 2 though so will hit arb next year?
  14. I wonder if Shatkins feels the pressure to turn this thing around sooner than we all think. I have no idea what ownership thinks of them but the teams has sucked the past two years. It's not their fault but sometimes the axe can fall anyway.
  15. I would have gone for someone ranked in their Top 10 over Drury. Bottom of their top 10 would have been fine. I'm kind of surprised we didn't get an additional lotto ticket too. Someone in their system ranked from 20-30.
  16. I'm glad he was traded, the package we got is a lot better than keeping him. I would have preferred some prospects though, even ones in the lower minors if we had to.
  17. I just want to Make the Blue Jays Great Again. I don't hate Drury but I just don't think 3 years of him brings much to the table that we don't already have or could easily acquire via FA. I hope he balls out and you are calling me stupid for my Drury takes this time next year.
  18. That would be awesome. I say we tear this s*** all the way down and go all in on Vlad Jr. and Bo. I've seen enough from this team's core over the past two years. If the Drury trade is any indication though it seems like Shatkins wants to keep treading water which is ok too.
  19. It seems like you are taking this personal. I just don't like the deal. Seems like we got a marginal improvement on the glut of average to below average infielders that we already have. Would have preferred prospects, even lower level ones. I hope Drury proves me wrong.
  20. Seems like the Yankees develop talent pretty well but I'm not sure how being in the Yankees org for 250 ABs in between stints for the D-Bags and Jays is going to make Drury a good player.
  21. And even if he does breakout we only have him for 3 years so he doesn't even fit in with the Vlad Jr. and Bo timeline. Either the Jays were getting really s***** offers or Shatkins made a bad trade.
  22. What underlying stats are you looking at that Steamer isn't?
  23. Drury isn't a terrible player, maybe he becomes a league average guy. But how is he any better than (a) what we already have in Solarte, Travis, Diaz, etc. or ( a player we could acquire via a small signing or trade in the offseason? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
×
×
  • Create New...