Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I like: -July 31 hard trade deadline -slight reduction of commercial breaks I don't care: -All-Star voting changes -Home Run Derby -Mound visits -Position player pitching -28 man September rosters I hate: -Rosters expanding to 26 -3 batter minimum
  2. Man the NFL offseason is off to a great start. NBA has a pretty good one too. MLB used to be the premier offseason league for its Hotstove Season but I think the other leagues are catching up, especially when you factor in that the other leagues have much more marketable drafts.
  3. We need to seize the means of production from the owners!
  4. Dinger's furious takedown of MLB players complaining about their salaries is exactly the type of mindset MLB owners want the general fanbase to have. "MLB player complaining that they aren't rich enough" while the owners are invisible and behind the scenes taking in record revenues, sell their teams for exponentially higher than they paid for them and get taxpayers to build them new stadiums. This is the wrong way to look at it. It's not an MLB player complaining about his salary compared to the general public. That would be douchey. It's millionaire players bitching about money with billionaire owners.
  5. You guys are so mad at Alex Bregman
  6. We only have a handful of veterans. It's a really long season. Those veterans will get hurt, and so will some of the young guys, and the young players who start out in the minors will get to play.
  7. Geezus the O's actually gave us $500k in international bonus money for him.
  8. Lol ok well that's probably better then. Sweetbread as I'm familiar with it is usually the term to describe Hawaiian King style rolls which are horrible for you. Didn't realize sweetbread was also the name for types of offal.
  9. Geezus, his grandma is seemingly his de facto nutritionist and she's feeding him sweetbread and juice. No wonder he's a fatass. He needs a real dietician/nutritionist.
  10. Andrew Wiggins is awful. https://deadspin.com/andrew-wiggins-update-ah-hm-well-the-thing-is-1833135884?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter
  11. I assume they'll put Borucki in AAA then. And Richard in the rotation. Otherwise, if Borucki is in the big league rotation then Richard is probably a long man which squeezes another spot but it doesn't seem like they are going to do that. So yeah it seems like Luciano will make the team so long as he doesn't s*** the bed from here on out. And assuming the 60-day DL stints for Phelps and Merryweather work out appropriately then Axford will make it too.
  12. Well of course, but it seemed like his chances were always described as "long shot" any time I read about him. Helpful to know that the next guy did him no favors, thanks. I hope he makes it I just haven't been paying much attention to spring so far so I'm curious is all.
  13. Luciano got knocked around a bit. What are his chances of making the roster?
  14. Agreed and it will just continue to slow the game down as rosters can carry more and more specialists who sub in and out of the game quickly.
  15. Vlad Jr. is a fat f*** and there's no getting around that. They list him at 250 but I bet he weighs more than that even. Obese is accurate. If Jonn doesn't think he's fat that tells me Jonn is REALLY fat and doesn't like it when people skinnier than him are called obese because it makes him feel bad.
  16. I don't hate the idea of keeping him but what better way to see more of our young outfielders than to trade a veteran who isn't controllable by the time we are going to be perennial contenders next anyway.
  17. We are going to trade Kevin Pillar to the Giants for a couple of prospects.
  18. Completely agree. Could be a good, cheap 4th OF for a few years.
  19. Yes forgot about him! So we have a little bit of room to work with. That might allow Axford to make the team then.
  20. He has 1 option year left according to this: https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-toronto-blue-jays/
  21. What is ********?
  22. It's pretty damn remarkable that someone can be that fat and a professional athlete. I know it's baseball but he's still out there exercising a shitload each and every day. Baseball players do a lot more conditioning than people think too. The guy must be eating like absolute s***. Pablo Sandoval had serious problems. By many accounts he was a workout machine he just ate so horrible it didn't matter. Here's a Giants' announcer on Pablo:
  23. It's pretty good but it's a little too "woke" for me.
  24. I'm just kidding you.
  25. Smith isn't a bad org guy to have he was just so limited physically that his ceiling was extremely low. He only had 1 option year left as well so if it wasn't this year it was going to be next. Pompey and Davis are simply better to keep around. When Norris is added we will have to lose someone else too though. Phelps could go to the 60 day DL which is probably the best option but I'm not entirely sure when he's going to be ready to pitch. Does anyone know?
×
×
  • Create New...