Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah the O's are going to suck too. They've got some young talent that gives them some hope but last year's 83-79 contained a lot of fool's gold. They had a -14 RD which would normally put them at 79-83. Their fans acted like they won the division after that season LOL. If the young talent steps up and they have normal luck that could just get them back to 83 wins again. They needed to spend some money this offseason but they didn't and Kyle Gibson, Mychal Givens, James McCann and Adam Frazier aren't going to get it done.
  2. Similar to my experience. Neither my dad nor I spoke the entire time after the game on the Go Train. Maybe after the first 15 minutes on the ride back my dad turned to me and said, "Can you believe that s***?" I think I was in denial. Over the coming days anger took over and like any true diehard fan I sent John Schneider several death threats to his email address. That seemed to help me let off some steam a lot. But while we were on the train there was a couple sitting next to us and the girl would not quit talking about the game, which players will be back, whether they should get season tickets or not, etc. In retrospect I admire her spirit but her boyfriend just sat there slack jawed and in silence the entire time. Kind of funny looking back on it.
  3. These changes are going to be awesome. It reminds me a lot of what Coors Field is like in downtown Denver. The team always sucks ass but they usually crack Top 10 in attendance anyway (despite the weather in April and May being very iffy) based upon the strength of the location and the bar scene at the stadium. Girls go to the bars at the stadium bc they can dress up in Rockies gear and take pics for instagram without actually having to watch baseball. As for guys, girls + baseball = the perfect summer time activity. Then after the game everyone can go out downtown to party. The tickets are usually dirt cheap for this section but the team makes up for it in alcohol sales and they also get to build their brand. I'm too intense of a Jays fan to want to do anything more than check it out for the first time when I go to a game. It'll be an awful place to watch the game but for 20 and 30 something year old casuals this will make a huge difference. The family section is an interesting aspect to this. I'm sure other stadiums have versions of this and Coors Field has some family stuff but this seems like a more dedicated family section than I've seen elsewhere.
  4. The amount of coping by Red Sox fans on twitter is hilarious right now. Many of them have convinced themselves that signing Adam Duvall followed by Elvis Andrus would be key moves to help them contend for the Wild Card. When they are out of contention and in last place some time around the end of May it's going to be a lot of fun watching the meltdowns.
  5. Is it just me or is Ramon Laureano really underrated? Steamer projects him to hit 22 homers with 17 steals. Yet most of the sites have him ranked around top 50 for outfielders.
  6. Rocket Raimel signing with the Red Sox is just too perfect lol
  7. Ok thanks I’ll tell William to kick rocks then
  8. How good is Oneil Cruz in a dynasty format? The infamous William is offering me Buxton and a bunch of mediocre stuff for Cruz in a 14 team dynasty league that we are in.
  9. Well it's not quite as dire as BA's Top 100 is making it out to be. I would assume that we have several guys in the 101-200 range and we have pretty much everyone on the roster that makes up the core of our team for the next 3 years at least.
  10. Plus if we sign someone to a big league deal we have to take someone off the 40-man. Wouldn't be that big of a deal to lose Hatch or Thornton but it's not like Robbie Grossman is that much better than either of those two anyway so it's still a small consideration.
  11. Well Pollack, Duvall, etc. got more playing time and significant chunks of change with their respective new teams. We couldn't offer the former so it didn't make sense to spend the latter. Whoever we sign will be battling it out with Whit Merrifield, Espinal, Biggio and others for ABs. We don't even have DH opportunities for whoever we sign. They'll basically be a 5th OFer. Otto Lopez could handle that role just fine and he's also pretty fast and can play the infield too. Sounds like a good enough 5th OFer to me. And injuries will of course happen, but that's when someone like Lukes can come into play. Or Barger, Capra, etc.
  12. I'm not sure we need a right handed hitting OF. A guy like Grossman isn't really that much better better than our in house options.
  13. Cubs continue to stockpile mediocre talent
  14. Wow! The Sheriff just got wrecked with a veto.
  15. Chris Carpenter is a depressing example. Top prospect who struggled with injuries and ineffectiveness with Toronto. We released him and he goes on to win a Cy Young and make 3 All-Star teams with the Cardinals.
  16. Probably couldn't endure another spring training of drunk Florida shenanigans from Pete Walker.
  17. These cases are often tough sledding for the players but Bo has a decent argument. He might be a top 10 SS all-time for someone his age and his comparables are right there. I think he might have shot in arbitration but he aimed slightly too high with his number.
  18. I don't think I could come up with a more mediocre offseason if I tried. They've made a ton of moves and spent a lot of money but I'm not sure any of those guys are actually any good.
  19. The Jays have made him literally cry before. Dude is emotionally stunted crybaby and has meltdowns all the time.
  20. I saw this after my post about dating apps. Didn't want you to think the two were related lol. I knew you were more of a rocker type of guy and that makes sense. It's def more in now, not necessarily among MLB players though and he does seem crazy when he's warming up and on the mound. I do like him though he's one of my favorite players.
  21. Oh I believe it, dating apps these days are filled with hordes of jezebel women who have septum piercings and tats everywhere. YUCK.
  22. I don't like the nose ring but I do like the psychotic serial killer vibes that our closer puts off. That guys is nuts you can just tell and it's a perfect mentality for a closer.
  23. Our closer is a psychopath
  24. I follow this guy’s routine every day I get off work and on most weekend mornings as well. My before bed routine is pretty similar and I have zero problems falling asleep at night so PM me if you want it.
  25. Is he actually fatter? I can't tell for sure. He just always looks pretty fat to me whether he's supposedly lost or put on weight.
×
×
  • Create New...