Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Morosi might be worse than Arash Madani
  2. They are showing highlights of the brawl. I'm getting pretty fired up ngl
  3. Let's f*** these guys up! I think we have a chance. Zastrynzny seems to have had some sort of talent change last year. His K's spiked big time. Probably added a sweeper or something.
  4. I think it's ok to allow the loose connections. If MLB wants to grow the game in GB and Italy I think the loose connections allow them to field decent teams which will better showcase the sport in those countries. I think Canada just needs to get better at finding and recruiting these guys. Gotta be shitloads of American players in AA, AAA and even on the MLB level with a connection strong enough to play for Canada. You'd think they could field an entire team of MLB and AAA talent.
  5. One cool thing about the WBC is the tournament aspect of it and the strategy that brings. Reminds me of my high school tournaments. Seems like the manager's pitching decisions are more important in this kind of format than they are over the long slog of an MLB season. For example, I was slamming Whitt for starting the 15-year-old Mitch Bratt against Team USA. But we probably weren't going to beat them anyway so sacrificing Mitch Bratt's mental psyche and career was a brilliant move that allowed us to wax the Colombians yesterday and then set us up for a do or die game with a decent pitcher on the hill against Mexico. Ernie is playing 4D Chess out there.
  6. If you go by birth country Mexico has a ton of guys not born in Mexico. Most of their best players aren't born there. Not fair if you ask me. Canada only has a handful but they seem to be pretty legit. Freeman's mom was Canadian and Otto Lopez (aka Captain Canada after yesterday's home run) spent a large portion of his childhood in Canada. Palmegiani was born in Venezuela and I'm not sure what his story is. The rest of them were all born in Canada. I'm surprised we couldn't get more USA born players with connections to Canada to pitch for us. Some career AAA guys would have been nice.
  7. Yeah I think we've definitely got them there. Our pitchers suck but I bet Phillipe Aumont's 86 mph fastball from his 6'7'' frame translates pretty well to a right hook.
  8. Agreed. Ernie needs to tell the Dodgers he won't play Freeman but he needs him around for his vetrin presents for the game tomorrow. Then at the last minute pull a fast one on them and bat Freeman cleanup. The next thing Ernie needs to do is start Brash and ride him for 5+ innings. The Mariners will probably start blowing up the team's phone when they see Brash heading out for the 2nd inning so he needs to ban all forms of communication during the game. It's do or die time and I'll be damned if we let the Mexicans beat us without giving them everything we've got. I hope Ernie agrees.
  9. Day to day with a tweaked hamstring. Whitt said he's likely out tomorrow.
  10. So what pitchers do we have for tomorrow? Brash and who else? Anybody worth a damn?
  11. That's huge. Might be able to get away without using Brash, saving him for tomorrow.
  12. Otto Lopez! Wow!!
  13. Win this game and then beat Mexico next is the short of it.
  14. Ernie Whitt should just tell the Mariners to f*** off and ride Matt Brash for the next 3 innings
  15. Hoping Canada shells this Gomez guy
  16. You underestimate his patriotism.
  17. Yeah they just updated. Said he has a "small hamstring issue."
  18. Yeah the rosters seem similar. I don't know why but I trust all these latino arms on their staff more than I trust Canada's. arms.
  19. Yeah he pitched okay out of the Reds BP last year I believe. Horrible as a SP but okay as a RP.
  20. It's possible but on the broadcast I'm watching Buck Martinez pointed out that a bunt was likely coming after the baserunners met Larry Walker at first base for a pow wow.
  21. Decades of hair dye have seeped into Ernie Whitt's brain and he's now calling for bunts in the 4th inning in a must win game
  22. great pick and tag by Lopez
  23. Compared to other lists they seem to like Leo Jimenez a lot and don't like Gabriel Martinez? Is that fair to say?
×
×
  • Create New...