Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. I'm definitely down to fleece the Mariners again, this time for Suarez.
  2. Wow I didn't realize we had any diehard Lantigua fans on the board.
  3. He's still alive?
  4. Horwitz slashed .386/.484/.642 from July 8th on. He hit 9 of his 10 minor league homers in that span. Also hit 16 doubles and 1 triple (he had 14 and 0 prior to that). 32 BBs to 30 Ks. So maybe he unlocked some power. Spanky posted some juicy BA chatter about him earlier. Granted, everyone was mashing in Buffalo so probably have to take these numbers with a grain of salt. But he's definitely interesting at this point. If he could be an 18 homer guy instead of a 12 homer guy that would make a huge difference.
  5. To be clear my maple boner is throbbing and I want it to happen. One of my favorite players of all time. And while I don't think it makes total sense baseball wise, I think it makes enough sense.
  6. 40 year old Votto is kind of in the same boat as far as uncertainty is concerned. But yeah I guess it wouldn't kill the team to put Horwitz in AAA again and see if that 2nd half power spike can continue. Bring him up when there is an injury to get another look at him. And then if he continues to perform then he gets a chance in 2025.
  7. I wonder if adding guys with negative value like Benitendi and/or Moncada could help facilitate something
  8. Well he projects to be much better than Votto and he makes the league minimum. We could stash him in AAA and improve the hitting depth I suppose but there's a good chance doing so makes the big league team worse.
  9. We don't really need him unless we move Horwitz. If we move Horwitz, which I think is possible, he would be a possible fit. But so would Belt and others. Votto could have some more in the tank. He was league average last year after coming off a major injury and no spring training. I'm all for it but Horwitz needs to be traded to make it work.
  10. Yeah I always got the impression that it was the opposite. He was always tired of the connection and would seem to make comments that he wasn't really interested. But things have changed. He's 40 years old and coming off back to back mediocre years. We are a contender too.
  11. The people in Paris are so damn rude it’s actually entertaining.
  12. Doubling down on a 78 year old Donnie Baseball fixing this offense
  13. 1 = Ohtani 4 = platoons all over
  14. Springer is probably good enough still to be a backup CFer for 15 games still. But if Varsho got hurt you wouldn't want him there for 60 games.
  15. Yeah he'd be a good 4th OF. But I think he can probably get a starting CF job somewhere.
  16. Sounds like Lee kind of sucks then.
  17. This one is fake but when Morosi tweets about Ohtani that one will be real
  18. Ha yeah him too. The Mariners are idiots. They fell for the ole offseason switcharoo where you trade a player and then replace him with a FA signing. It happens all the time in fan mock offseasons but it rarely happens in real life because most GMs aren't stupid enough to go for it. Why give up assets for a player when you can just dip into FA and get similar production? Dumn
  19. Daniels was fired prior to Bochy being hired.
  20. We hosed the Mariners in that Teo trade. Swanson put up 0.9 WAR on a $1.25M salary. Teo put up 1.8 WAR on a $14M salary. Teo is now a FA and they didn't even qualify him. Meanwhile we get two more years of Swanson. Easy W on that trade.
  21. Are there any sort of projections for Jung Hoo Lee? I don't think enough KBO guys have made the leap to offer anything reliable but I have no idea what one can expect from him.
×
×
  • Create New...