Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Voth will be pitching no matter what today but if the game gets out of hand my guess is that they just sacrifice him to the baseball gods by throwing him 4+ innings and then DFAing him after the game for a fresh arm. Just one of those 162 games where injuries and usage are lining up to create a garbage pitching staff. That's why winning last night was so clutch. If we have to we can eat today's game and then have a refreshed bullpen for tomorrow with Trey on the hill. But who knows, we could get a legacy game out of Seabold where he goes 3+ innings of 0 run ball and the offense puts up a crooked number and we end up spanking them.
  2. Yeah Macko is the confirmed starter. If the plan is to get through 9 innings with Macko, Seabold, Voth, Yariel, Fluharty and Fisher then we really need to hang a crooked number on Rogers.
  3. that’s a nice little win streak the Orioles had there, would be a shame to see something happen to it lmao
  4. Love the juxtaposition of Connor Seabold looking like a 40 year old dad while also having an entire sleeve tat on his left arm. Looks ridiculous lol
  5. I can't believe someone is using Batting Average in the year 2026 but there are a shitload of guys. George Springer hit .179 in low A as a 21 year old and .219 as a 22 year old in AA. Ben Rice hit .197 in the Complex League and A-Ball as a 21 year old in his first year in pro ball. There's two guys I found after looking for 5 minutes. Nimmala is currently hitting .308 as a 20 year old in AA for whatever that is worth. But in any event, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here anyway. Nimmala is a Top 50ish prospect, and a 50 FV. That's good but nothing special. Every team in the league has at least one of these kind of guys.
  6. Lol no one is "just as excited" about the bottom group (Top 100ish) as they were the top group (Top 10ish).
  7. Yeah with 2 bullpen games coming up after tonight, I think Corbin is going to have to eat some innings no matter what. Even if he's getting lit up they are going to push him for 5.
  8. Well damn, I suppose that they can always look back fondly on their Prospect Rankings Championships from 2020-2024. It was a legendary run (which translated to 0 playoff wins) and I can't wait to see the banners hanging at their beautiful ballpark next time I visit (I won't since I was almost stabbed the last time I was in that shithole city).
  9. Cease going down really screws things up this series. 2 bullpen games is brutal and we will have to churn and burn some scrubs like Austin Voth just to get through it. Going to need the bats to show up, and this O’s pitching staff might be exactly who you want to see right now.
  10. Orioles Fanboys coping with Jackson Holliday not panning out as hoped sure is a sad sight.... Top prospects fail to reach superstar status all the time. Just let it go and focus on what you do have, Gunnar Henderson, a nice ballpark, etc.
  11. Post-Vertigo Lukes is one of the best players in baseball. As the long time President of his fanclub, it feels good to be completely and totally vindicated for sticking with him.
  12. Ross traded a half season of Kikuchi for Bloss, Will Wagner and Loperfido. He turned around and traded Wagner for Valenzuela and Loperfido for Jesus Sanchez. Ross was deadlinemaxxing to the extreme on that one.
  13. I think some of the velo has returned. Was sitting 92-93 in his last MiLB game. I'm not saying he's good but while we are running two bullpen games every 5 days I think we are going to have to pump and dump the back of the bullpen types for fresh arms as much as we can. Especially while Nance and Mantiply are out. Andrews was already dumped for Austin Voth who will be gone the second he's deemed unavailable to pitch. Bowman could take his spot.
  14. Everyone rejoice that Vlad is back. I know 2 missed games isn't good enough for the keyboard warriors who were questioning his manhood and toughness, but until you have taken a 95 mph fastball square on the funny bone, it is probably best not to judge how quickly someone should bounce back from that. But alas, the keyboard warriors (you know who you are) are the toughest people on the planet, and all of us, including professional athletes, should strive to reach your lofty heights.
  15. Having a good start in AAA. I bet he sees action against the Orioles. I could see Lee and Andrews getting the boot and Bowman and a starter getting called up.
  16. Yeah that's a pretty good point, although like you said you would think OFers would be above average as a position group, not worse.
  17. It's not just the Jays who can't find right handed OF bats. The entire league is struggling.
  18. It's probably a bit of both. Definitely a deer-in-the-headlights rookie yesterday and some of that should get better, especially the 'tweener ball that dropped. He's also a young guy and his sprint speed isn't completely atrocious. His OAA was actually in the positive before last night. But he's not going to be good out in the field. He also is a low launch angle guy which stifles his power. Add it all up and I don't know how good he can be. Seems like Lukes and Sanchez should be starting over him so I get why he was sent back to Buffalo.
  19. I admire that VladdyAlomar guy's bit where he posts the same Vince Carter "It's Over" gif after every loss. He never gets any interaction with it whatsoever but then sure enough he's back the next loss anyway. I don't remember him even making another post outside of that gif. You have to admire the Cal Ripken like dedication he's got. It's even more impressive in that it's failed as some sort of troll attempt yet he's still out here grinding. It's like watching Pinango trying to field on a nightly basis.
×
×
  • Create New...